Ricky Bowers and Ensworth have killed Tn football

cowboypete

On the 3A/4A page there are some Fulton fans who seem to think they have the greatest team to ever come out of TN.  I saw Ensworth play last year and I think you guys would have won easily.  Now, I'm not a fan of either school and I didn't go to high school in Tennessee, but I am curious what people's opinion are?

On the 3A/4A page there are some Fulton fans who seem to think they have the greatest team to ever come out of TN.  I saw Ensworth play last year and I think you guys would have won easily.  Now, I'm not a fan of either school and I didn't go to high school in Tennessee, but I am curious what people's opinion are?

I don't think it would be much of a game. The Falcons have been very impressive, but they haven't played a single quality football team. Ensworth can match Fulton's speed and has more size and depth, plus a tougher schedule to season it for games like this. The Tigers would win by at least three touchdowns.

I don't think it would be much of a game. The Falcons have been very impressive, but they haven't played a single quality football team. Ensworth can match Fulton's speed and has more size and depth, plus a tougher schedule to season it for games like this. The Tigers would win by at least three touchdowns.

I also think Ensworth would have an advantage in  coaching.  Coach Bowers does a great job.

I agree ... Sometimes people get delusional with overconfidence ( yours truly as well ) when their teams rack up big victories versus teams that many of the d2 schools would mercy rule in the first quarter ... Then this over confidence leads them to believe they can compete with the big schools ... About 5 or 6 games of 40 point margin wins they think they are the best in the state.. Every state has one ... Highlands in ky has won a million state championships. They scrimmage trinity every year and were absolutely destroyed this year as well as every other year. They just can't compete with the big schools.. Fulton has a good team- they put up gaudy stats but Wesvlt is correct... They have not played anyone. We see this all the time ... 4-6 of the Johnson city area picks were for science hill to beat BA last week ... Some by 2 or more touchdowns ... Most good teams in the state would be undefeated and blowing out the teams on Fultons schedule

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

BTW, this conversation is even more hilarious when your kid goes to a private school that provides no financial aid to any student and you compete against public schools.  You BA, MUS, Ensworth, Baylor, etc. parents should read the stuff we have to put up with on our team's message boards.

Not very good in the math part, dealing with multipliers. So I think I will stick to DII.

The Knox News Senseless has done a good job of building Fulton up to be the greatest team ever !! Mark Packer has lobbied on and on about Fulton being unbeatable . Maryville hasn't lost to a Knoxville team since 2000 , has played in 9 Straight State Championships , yet all it took for Fulton to Replace Maryville in their Top 10 poll was to destroy a Powell team that is on their 3rd coach in 3 years . Fulton has went on and Slaughtered a bunch of bad teams now so the Local Knoxville media is in Love with them ... Yes they're talented , yes they are a great team , maybe the best Fulton has had , but just Last year they were beat by two of the teams Maryville has beaten very easily this year , Alcoa and West high school . Alcoa beat them 30-7 last year ... I don't know , maybe they had a few guys from the Pittsburg Steelers transfer in . lol 

Using the same Knox news Poll ... Maryville has beaten very convincingly 4 schools out of the top 8 Schools .... the highest ranked school that Fulton has beat ... Gatlinburg Pittman ranked 14th ... Hilarious isn't it . I have heard several of the local media guys bring up the Ensworth scrimmage game as a reason to have Fulton ranked ahead of Maryville ....  :rolleyes:

They would lose to multiple DII AA teams. I would surmise though some of their fans will soon show up here since all of the responses "no chance".  Then we'll be back in a "private schools are this, that and everything" discussion as is par for the course on this site. Maybe CoachT could hold an "onsite members party" because i would really love to meet some of these folks. That would be a most entertaining nite.    

They would lose to multiple DII AA teams. I would surmise though some of their fans will soon show up here since all of the responses "no chance".  Then we'll be back in a "private schools are this, that and everything" discussion as is par for the course on this site. Maybe CoachT could hold an "onsite members party" because i would really love to meet some of these folks. That would be a most entertaining nite.    

Ahhh , believe it or not you'd probably enjoy meeting most of the fans on here , we all have something in common , we all Love High School Football . I've been surprised after actually meeting a few guys on here . 

Ahhh , believe it or not you'd probably enjoy meeting most of the fans on here , we all have something in common , we all Love High School Football . I've been surprised after actually meeting a few guys on here . 

well you are right about that but i still bet it would be quite entertaining

Any school,public or private, that sends coaches out to recruit players at middle school games and youth games are hurting football period. If a kid goes to a school with his parents to seek admission ,I think this is fine. What we have in many cases is coaches hunting kids based only for athletics. Pitiful.

If you have allegations, turn them in. It's funny how everyone has these recruiting stories and yet somehow, magically, no DII school besides MBA has gotten in trouble in the last decade.

If you have allegations, turn them in. It's funny how everyone has these recruiting stories and yet somehow, magically, no DII school besides MBA has gotten in trouble in the last decade.

wow, are you kidding me? you have not been to any of the games then. it happens every week at every game. in order for tssaa to do anything ,the parents of the kid have to say it happened. my experience was the parents either were going to take the offer or did not want to get involved and get them in any trouble. I did say both private and public recruit kids. this has been going on since you were at BA. most learned from the best ever,former BA coach.

• Upvote 1