South Pit vs Boyd (Moore man against that Reynolds man)

Roy Dillard

Really Mike??  I agree that GCA is the team to beat, but Trousdale is FAR better than us??  Seriously?  When have you seen them play this year?  I am pretty sure that the jackets have improved a bunch but keep in mind that it is a team we beat handily last year and both teams return the majority of their players this year and next.  They may end up being better than us, but I am pretty sure they aren't way better.  Guess we will see in round two or three.  I don't like the schedule at all, wished we would have played a couple of tougher teams, but it is just like when MC was the bully on the block, we had a tough schedule, and the last ten years or so the Pirates do when they are the class of the valley.  I remember a time not so long ago when the pirates played a cupcake schedule and the valley teams have always been mediocre other than a year here or there so don't hand me that they were better then than now, so were the pirates, so were the warriors.  Congrats on your big win over the Bucs......[/quot

I think Trousdale is much improved this year from what I have heard on them but GCA is heads above anyone in 2A. I am sure if Jasper and TC play again this year it will be a much better game.

As far as scheduling, the pirates did have a weak schedule but almost all of them were district games. Now that they don't have to play those teams, they are scheduling better teams. Jasper is on the rise and I am sure they will schedule up in the next few years.

Figured that was the case. I am glad jasper is back in form but can't continue to play down just to win and get in the playoffs. Just saying. Jasper used to okay Soddy daisy and Baylor and red bank outside of the valley teams. Now they play more 1A teams than SP. Just saying. I don't diss agree with creating a weak schedule to build confidence but more than 2 years is just padding the stats...for the players...and the coach[/quote

Mike you are obviously not very bright. And have no idea about Marion's program. Marion plays two 4A schools this year. Three 3A schools. Copper Basin was the only 1A school Marion played out of district play and who knew they would drop off so much this year after having a good year last year. Do you have any idea how many teams would not schedule Marion this year? Obviously not. Hixson would not play Marion and then got stuck without a game so they scheduled S Pitt. No one said anything about Marion schedule when these same teams were mercy ruling them every week two years ago. You need to worry about your North Alabama all stars and quit worrying about who the Warriors play.

Figured that was the case. I am glad jasper is back in form but can't continue to play down just to win and get in the playoffs. Just saying. Jasper used to okay Soddy daisy and Baylor and red bank outside of the valley teams. Now they play more 1A teams than SP. Just saying. I don't diss agree with creating a weak schedule to build confidence but more than 2 years is just padding the stats...for the players...and the coach

Now this is my opinion only and you know what people say about opinions, so here it goes. My first thought is if SP hadn't been going around with there chest pumped out about putting people in the (half hundred club or pirate rule) you probably wouldnt of had so hard a time finding teams to play ya this year. I understand its hard not to score on a weaker team but regardless there is a time to lay off the gas and just cruise. Just because you don't hang a 50 point game on someone doesn't mean your not a tough physical team. No team likes to be beat down to the point of embarrassment. Take a good lead and let the future pirates get some Friday night experience. Marions jv has had the chance  three times this year to play on Friday nights. Some nights they even scored on the other team. So talk about our schedule all you want but I want to hear what you have to say when playoffs come around and we are still winning ballgames! 

Figured that was the case. I am glad jasper is back in form but can't continue to play down just to win and get in the playoffs. Just saying. Jasper used to okay Soddy daisy and Baylor and red bank outside of the valley teams. Now they play more 1A teams than SP. Just saying. I don't diss agree with creating a weak schedule to build confidence but more than 2 years is just padding the stats...for the players...and the coach[/quote

Mike you are obviously not very bright. And have no idea about Marion's program. Marion plays two 4A schools this year. Three 3A schools. Copper Basin was the only 1A school Marion played out of district play and who knew they would drop off so much this year after having a good year last year. Do you have any idea how many teams would not schedule Marion this year? Obviously not. Hixson would not play Marion and then got stuck without a game so they scheduled S Pitt. No one said anything about Marion schedule when these same teams were mercy ruling them every week two years ago. You need to worry about your North Alabama all stars and quit worrying about who the Warriors play.

I really wish you wouldn't have replied with a wrong information AND calling someone not very bright.  First of all, learn how to Quote on CoachT.  2nd, I put together a little something for the "not so bright". Pay attention to classifications, # of teams not 1A, and records.

MC Opponents outside of District play and not 1A

Team                  Class   Wins   Losses

Grundy Co              3A      2           5

Bledsoe Co             3A      2           5

Central                    4A      2           5

Seq Co                    3A     4            3

Chatt Christian        3A     1            6

OVERALL                        11         24

SP Opponents outside of District play and not 1A

Team                  Class   Wins    Losses

Bell Co Ky               3A     4            3

Hixson                    4A     5             2