DB vs Tennessee High

Well, our offense sucks. I thought the shotgun was going to work. I am telling we need to go back to our old offense. I don't care if we don't have an elusive runner, things need to change. You tell our line can't block that well and is experienced. Holt is athletic enough to run thr GA offense. We just do not have the personnel to run the spread. I mentioned this over a month ago and let it go until now. We are getting no better and it is time to use this offense. Our offense is putting our defense in bad spots. I mean, Tennessee High and Science Hill will get us if our spread offense does not move the ball. Our line is used to the blocking schemes in the GA Offense, but the Shotgon is a little different when it comes to blocking I will probably be bashed for this, but this team right now should not be young. This is our eighth game and we have improved, but not like we should. I know Casey has been hurt, but why not use ketron, dunn, trammell, rogers, casey in this offense. I am sure they would have some kind of identity. We lose Foreman, Swafford, and Cook and we change things. I have faith the GA offense would work with the aformentioned. We are not getting any better. I know people will disagree, but we are in trouble. I want to win as much as the next Indian Fan, but this does nor feel like a victory. Our kids bust our butts out there and we make mistakes, the same mistskes that come with fundamentals. No one will agree with the post, but we are not a good team right now. We lost good talent, but we have enough to be better outside of the spread, but spread it is. If we stay with offense and it works in the last 3 games or the playoffs if we get there. I will admit I was wrong.

IF YOU ARE REFERING TO ME, I KNOW FOOTBALL AND YOU CANNOT TELL ME THAT THIS OFFENSE WORKS. C'MON MAN, YOU KNOW GOOD AS WELL WE SUCK ON OFFENSE. ME AND MY BUDDY HAVE FOLLOWED THIS PROGRAM AS LONG AS 30 YEARS. WE KNOW OUR STUFF. THIS OFFENSE NEVER SHOULD HAVE CHANGED, BUT CLARKS KNOW WHAT'S BEST. I LOVE CLARK, BUT THIS WAS A MISTAKE. SO, DON'T TELL ME I DON'T KNOW FOOTBALL IF YOU ARE REFERRING TO ME. IF YOU ARE NOT, I APOLOGIZE... ROLL TRIBE

Sorry to intervene but if you know your football so well why don't you refer to that offense as the GT offense. Seeing how Georgia Tech runs the dive option/ run and shoot out of the double slot formation with the FB at 3 yards. GA, I'm guessing you mean UGA, runs a multiple pro-style offense.

But in all honesty, give GC a break. It's not called the spread just because the QB is in the shotgun and not underneath center. Maybe the reason the QB was moved to the gun was so he was better served as a downhill runner along with the tailbacks. Much of what DB is doing this year still involves 2 backs in the backfield, or 2 TE's in the game. Many of the same dive option principles are being used still in this offense. DB is also running the same power play they ran last year when they motioned Devaun back and handed it to him to follow a lead back and pulling guard. Only this year they're in the gun and Holt has the option to keep it if the end closes from the backside [probably a better play]. DB's so-called inefficiencies on offense are not scheme-based, they're personnel based. Last I checked, there were 2 Vols in the backfield in 2012. I don't know that that is the same this year.

CUo6,you make some good points. Not having a couple of D1 players on both sides of the ball can make a big difference for everyone .DB has some fine athletes but depth in my opinion has been a problem for a pretty good while.When two or three key players are hurt on a team without  depth,it makes a huge difference in close games. I can remember just last year when some  people were still on our defensive backs and their coaches.Maybe they were not a  perfect group in part because several were playing two ways and when they went out it was a pretty big dropoff.A couple as we know went big time and I think Holt is a super player especially when you figure he plays nearly the whole game.So,I think it's been once again a depth problem for several years and that leaves very little room for our coaches and players to make mistakes.When our coaching staff is perfect  and our players don't any mistakes like the back to back 15 yarders when we were close to putting Sevier County away,then maybe depth won't make  a difference.However,nobody is perfect and kids are just like the rest of us.they will always do stupid things.Until it all comes together for a perfect season,I'll just go and watch the pregame,game,band and know it's the best show around,nomatter what.

Sorry to intervene but if you know your football so well why don't you refer to that offense as the GT offense. Seeing how Georgia Tech runs the dive option/ run and shoot out of the double slot formation with the FB at 3 yards. GA, I'm guessing you mean UGA, runs a multiple pro-style offense.

But in all honesty, give GC a break. It's not called the spread just because the QB is in the shotgun and not underneath center. Maybe the reason the QB was moved to the gun was so he was better served as a downhill runner along with the tailbacks. Much of what DB is doing this year still involves 2 backs in the backfield, or 2 TE's in the game. Many of the same dive option principles are being used still in this offense. DB is also running the same power play they ran last year when they motioned Devaun back and handed it to him to follow a lead back and pulling guard. Only this year they're in the gun and Holt has the option to keep it if the end closes from the backside [probably a better play]. DB's so-called inefficiencies on offense are not scheme-based, they're personnel based. Last I checked, there were 2 Vols in the backfield in 2012. I don't know that that is the same this year.

My bad... I MEANT GT OFFENSE. EXCUSE ME, CU06. I know there many principles to the spread CU06. I understand what you are saying, but really our line was not blocking that well in the spread early on in the season. So, I don't know what game you've been watching this year. We don't have the depth and that has also been a problem. I agree with Batman totally. However, in the GA Tech offense buddy.... we really was not throwing the ball that much and we did when we had too. We all know who we had last year, but don't get scared and changed everything because you lost 2 stars who went to UT. So, the next time you come at me with that check your stats the last 3 years in the offense.Sorry about not putting the Georgia Tech offense. Cause if you knew football, you would know what I was referring too Einstein. You don't see Science Hill running a slow down offense in basketball do you? By the way, you don't change what is not broken. If Duran Ferguson was our QB, I can see us in the spread.... I will admit, we have look better in the spread lately. So, do yourself a favor and do more research before you come at me telling me I don't know football. You probably don't know who Duran Ferguson is. You obviously don't know football yourself because you would have known what I was talking about anyway Einstein, lol. Edited by tennesseestud2013

CUo6,you make some good points. Not having a couple of D1 players on both sides of the ball can make a big difference for everyone .DB has some fine athletes but depth in my opinion has been a problem for a pretty good while.When two or three key players are hurt on a team without  depth,it makes a huge difference in close games. I can remember just last year when some  people were still on our defensive backs and their coaches.Maybe they were not a  perfect group in part because several were playing two ways and when they went out it was a pretty big dropoff.A couple as we know went big time and I think Holt is a super player especially when you figure he plays nearly the whole game.So,I think it's been once again a depth problem for several years and that leaves very little room for our coaches and players to make mistakes.When our coaching staff is perfect  and our players don't any mistakes like the back to back 15 yarders when we were close to putting Sevier County away,then maybe depth won't make  a difference.However,nobody is perfect and kids are just like the rest of us.they will always do stupid things.Until it all comes together for a perfect season,I'll just go and watch the pregame,game,band and know it's the best show around,nomatter what.

@Batman... I have one thing to say to you and that is Roll Tribe.....

Edited by tennesseestud2013

Woah. Woah. Woah easy there Stud... I can tell I rattled your cage a little. Listen I'm just an outsider making a little dialogue on a message board. I don't try to know the inner workings of the DB program, nor did I ever claim. I never mentioned anything about the conditioning and two-way players or the defense. Only thing I commented on was your initial rant about going back to the old offense "cause that's what's worked the last 3 years" . All I'm saying is give GC a little more credit, he knows to make a run in the playoffs you gotta go thru Murvulle and they have never had trouble stopping the double slot teams in the past. 

And yes I remember Duran, he was the guy who threw the pass to the guy who flipped off the SH fans while running in the end zone!

My bad... I MEANT GT OFFENSE. EXCUSE ME, CU06. I know there many principles to the spread CU06. I understand what you are saying, but really our line was not blocking that well in the spread early on in the season. So, I don't know what game you've been watching this year. We don't have the depth and that has also been a problem. I agree with Batman totally. However, in the GA Tech offense buddy.... we really was not throwing the ball that much and we did when we had too. We all know who we had last year, but don't get scared and changed everything because you lost 2 stars who went to UT. So, the next time you come at me with that check your stats the last 3 years in the offense.Sorry about not putting the Georgia Tech offense. Cause if you knew football, you would know what I was referring too Einstein. You don't see Science Hill running a slow down offense in basketball do you? By the way, you don't change what is not broken. If Duran Ferguson was our QB, I can see us in the spread.... I will admit, we have look better in the spread lately. So, do yourself a favor and do more research before you come at me telling me I don't know football. You probably don't know who Duran Ferguson is. You obviously don't know football yourself because you would have known what I was talking about anyway Einstein, lol.

What's up with all the emotion. There is always one in the crowd over there in Tribe country. :roflol:  I picture this guy crunching beer cans against his forehead while watching the game. If we're taking a vote, I vote that you don't have a clue. This rant of yours is evidence. What grade are you in? 

Tennessee High probably doesn't play a lot of  { Away } Homecoming games.Big game ! Big Day ! I hope I'm still  in a good mood during the long half time !

This is true... we have never been "that team" you wanted to schedule for homecoming. But I guess if you consider our last 3 or 4 performances against the Tribe.... why not.  <_< I feel you on the long half time. I was really looking forward to see THE DB band perform, but homecoming?! Dang.....