William Blount Football- is it ever going to get any better

Governm

If I'm the head coach at this point I take over at OC. No question. But the overall discipline Of the team is on ridge.

He's never been a disciplinarian. WB jumped all over him because he is a WB grad and had success at GB, but I think the success at GB was due to his assistants more so than his own skills.

He did not get all the pieces he wanted in the coaching staff. Give him a couple years. OC is killing them. IMO I have several good friends who's kids play at Maryville and some(not many) get a little special treatment from time to time. It happens everywhere. Having said that, I do believe he can step the discipline up some.

He did not get all the pieces he wanted in the coaching staff. Give him a couple years. OC is killing them. IMO I have several good friends who's kids play at Maryville and some(not many) get a little special treatment from time to time. It happens everywhere. Having said that, I do believe he can step the discipline up some.

Come on 86....don't turn Stars in.

Some of you people amaze me. Freaking pathetic..

William Blount and Heritage need coaching stability. Running off a coach every few years will not help. A huge part of UT's problem is they are on their 4th coach in 6 years. I also believe UT has the right man.

Rebelron (you rockstar you) ... I couldn't agree with you more on the need for stability.  I will say this, in its 34 year history, I am not aware of a head football coach ever being "run off" at William Blount.  From Mike White to Steve Gordon to Steve Fickert to Earl McMahan to John Reid to Ronnie Phelps to Scott Meadows to Richie Wilhite to Scott Meadows to David Gregory ... I believe everyone of the coaches chose to leave on their own.  They may have had to deal with negative fans or felt a lack of support from the county, but I do not believe anyone of them was ever asked to leave.  Of course, I've been wrong before!  :)

William Blount and Heritage need coaching stability. Running off a coach every few years will not help. A huge part of UT's problem is they are on their 4th coach in 6 years. I also believe UT has the right man.

Ridge will be there as long as he wants to be there....he will continue to adjust the staff until he gets what he wants.