Humboldt @ Union City

MisterObjective

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Contender (Union City) -  42 

The Pretender (Humboldt)    - 21

I don't post much, but I'll say this, Humboldt may not win the Gold ball(hadn't done so in over 30yrs, but just do some fact checking!  They always have a strong team! Maybe not a championship team but year after year they are contenders!  Nashville Christian is just getting on the map! Have you even seen them play? I would say probably not, but you're always downing the team. Just chill! If Nashville Christian is all that, then you'll be holding up the Class A Gold Ball!  You don't have to put down other teams, to make your team look good!

The thing that keeps going through my mind is that these 2 teams will most likely play each other again. I don't like losing any games but if I have my choice. I would rather lose the first one and win the second. Ofcourse prefection is winning both. The problem is that it's more difficult to beat a good team the second time around. If UC does win I want it to be convincingly. I dont want it close at all. If we are going to win, dominate the enitre game. However we are not playing GC or Greenfield this week. We are playing the top ranked team in the state. A convining win may just be wishful thinking. But.....I will take any size margin as long as it's a win.

Edited by BigSwo

I have seen both UC and Humboldt. UC completely dominated the LC defense and offensive lines. LC did the same thing to Humboldt last night. The trenches are where games are won and UC is superior in that area. I will be very surprised if Humboldt wins this game with or without McLilly. As much as it pains me to say this UC is the best single A team in the west this year. Single A is loaded in the west but I think UC will be in Cookville this year. NCS is not the factor they think they are. Good luck to both teams.Peabody is a very good team and will be a factor in 2A. 

Union City by 7, I think its possible there could be a rematch unless Dresden gets Humboldt first.  Either way one of them 3 teams will go to state from the west.  I think Humboldt is good but I think both these other teams are better.  Humboldt might prove me wrong on that we still got a few more weeks till playoffs and lots of things can happen.  Union City Humboldt be ready for a barnburner

I have seen both UC and Humboldt. UC completely dominated the LC defense and offensive lines. LC did the same thing to Humboldt last night. The trenches are where games are won and UC is superior in that area. I will be very surprised if Humboldt wins this game with or without McLilly. As much as it pains me to say this UC is the best single A team in the west this year. Single A is loaded in the west but I think UC will be in Cookville this year. NCS is not the factor they think they are. Good luck to both teams.Peabody is a very good team and will be a factor in 2A. 

I agree that UC will be in Cookeville........however I DISAGREE with your assessment of NCS. The only game we haven't put it in neutral in the 3rd Quarter was Jo Byrns and that was due to playing in a torrential rain the entire game. NCS on a dry field can hang with UC, GUARANTEED big boy! AND this could be the outcome.

gold-lg.jpg

I agree that UC will be in Cookeville........however I DISAGREE with your assessment of NCS. The only game we haven't put it in neutral in the 3rd Quarter was Jo Byrns and that was due to playing in a torrential rain the entire game. NCS on a dry field can hang with UC, GUARANTEED big boy! AND this could be the outcome.

gold-lg.jpg[/quote)

Art have you ever seen UC play? If I can help you out a little bit I will reference last year's semifinals game with Huntingdon. Do you remember how they dominated the time of possession and both lines of scrimmage? Well if you do then you must know how that worked out for you guys. I love your confidence in your team but honestly I don't believe you fully understand how overwhelming this type of smash mouth football can be. Flash and pizzazz can only get you so far. Sooner or later you're going to get down and dirty. From what I saw last year. ....you guys don't like that part of this game. UC lives and breaths this stuff. We practice at full speed every single day. No holding back. These guys love to hit. So dry field or sloppy wet the Tornadoes will grind and grind anr grind until the final whistle. Strap it up when you play UC. You make choose to respond with a private school grammar lesson if you so desire but end the end you will eat and the words you speak

I see why you said you don't post much on the message boards as your comments are devoid of meaningful content, neither praise nor sarcasm, just plain vanilla. Please go back to being a spectator. You harsh my vibe.

Not nearly as much as you harsh mine!

Edited by mboro