Week 8: Oneida @ Coalfield

crow

Yes I did see that block. That was a dandy. As for us returning many. Well I'm glad to say we play freshmen or sophomores at about 12 of 22 positions with 4 or 5 juniors & 4 or 5 seniors I believe.

You guys will be the team to beat next year. Good luck the rest of the way. This has been a fun week and I almost feel like this is goodbye and im not good at goodbyes. Lol. See you on the other thread buddy.

Well we should give credit where credit is due.  Two great football teams with excellent coaching on both sides.  If I had not known any better I would have thought I was watching a game that coaches from both sides would have played in under Jim May, head coach at Oneida for many years.  Coalfield came out and said I am going to run at you right, run at you right, and if you stop me I am going to run left.  I recall it that if you stopped us running right, we were going to keep running right until it worked.  Now the young Oneida team will respond, and wait til next years when all the guys are on the field again, ON BOTH SIDES.....watch out another slobber-knocker!

I still can't believe that Coalfield Beat Oneida. Oneida is pretty dang good on defense and has been pretty explosive  scoring points too. After playing both, I thought Oneida would win by 14-17 points. Has anyone heard much about the game?

OnB, the best recap is slobber knocker! Oneida had 5 possessions the entire game I believe. Scored a FG on the first after stopping CF on their first one to go 3-0. CF came right back and drove down for 7-3. Oneida marched down the field 1st and goal @ the CF 1. #21 sneak jumps over the pile and stuck the ball across the goal line THEN it was knocked free, the officials saw it different and CF did recover in the end zone so touchback CF. That was a big time swing as there were only a couple, maybe 2 1/2 minutes left in the 1st half. CF drove to about OHS 35 or 40 with about 40 seconds left. Aired it out to the end zone. Very good coverage but a very good catch so 14-3 half. Second half was a little back and forth early then OHS takes over after a CF punt to OHS 6. Drove down and scored to 14-10 with about 6:00 in the 4th. CF takes the KO and just goes down the field again. Scores for 21-10 with about 2:30 to go. OHS now in hurry up and was moving pretty good. Had moved the ball probably 20 yards when a back side blitz came in with a good shot from behind (completely legal hit) just as #21 was in mid throwing motion for a sack fumble that CF came up with at about 1:25 or so to go. They actually broke a long run down to about the 1 or 2 yard line with 1:00 maybe a little less to go & ran "victory" to finish off the clock. I wish we woulda got 'em when they were playing patty cake with the spread, I think we woulda had a lot better chance but they finally got around to just lining up behind their beef and saying here we go. Nothing flashy, I think their leading rusher had about 160 on 36 carries. He broke a few for 10 - 20 but the majority were 2 - 5 yards. They converted 3 forth and shorts on 1 drive in the second half alone. Hats off, their game plan was to slow the game down and play ball control and it worked perfectly, I would like to know the time of possession it seemed like they had the ball about 46 out of 48 minutes ;) . They had 56 rushes for 250ish yards with 0 fumbles and there were only 4 flags the entire game, 2 each I believe and I don't recall a single holding penalty. Just a good smash mouth football game.

From the previous page. Best recap I can give ya.

I still can't believe that Coalfield Beat Oneida. Oneida is pretty dang good on defense and has been pretty explosive  scoring points too. After playing both, I thought Oneida would win by 14-17 points. Has anyone heard much about the game?

Oneida losing the leading tackler, Coalfield adjusting to the loss of Bible and the center. Think their 2ond best lineman was suspended against OS . Oneida just played a different team .

Oneida losing the leading tackler, Coalfield adjusting to the loss of Bible and the center. Think their 2ond best lineman was suspended against OS . Oneida just played a different team .

2 leading tacklers, we only had 3 varsity linebackers dressed at Coalfield.