Gerry Bertier's 4A Weekly Playoff Update after Week 7

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerry, i honestly wish we went back to 5 classifications. That would make each class more competitive to me.

If we could like quotes, I would so like this post. I totally agree, I hate that we went away from the 5 classes. Now with crazy rules with private schools not jumping more than one class and the TSSAA's inability to correctly get the playoffs correct each year we need to go back. I have heard there is a BIG movement to go back to 5 classes in 2 years.

Pearl Cohn should drop out of the top spot after their bye week on the 18th.

Very true, but east tenn want to point out the two teams on PC schedule with 0-8 records but they will play as many teams with winning records as Greeneville and Fulton, neither of which have played a team of MBA's caliber.

Gerry, u are a guru that i love reading all ur posts. U can mark it down Gerry we will be back to 5 classifications in 2 years.

Haha thanks, I enjoy playoff time. One thing I do like about this system is the weeks leading up to the playoffs and the discussions we have.

These young Greeneville pups know nothing about Pearls storied history. They don't even know who Big John Henderson was. The Firebirds are a combination of high schools as far as football goes. Their coaching staff does a good job and when they are on you are in trouble. Take Pearl lightly and you'll hang them helmets early.... :ugeek:

These young Greeneville pups know nothing about Pearls storied history. They don't even know who Big John Henderson was. The Firebirds are a combination of high schools as far as football goes. Their coaching staff does a good job and when they are on you are in trouble. Take Pearl lightly and you'll hang them helmets early.... :ugeek:

-----------------------------------------------

'WOMG'  couldnt have stated it better ..Pearls '96 '97 teams were the best Ive ever seen bar none..some calling players now a beast have no idea that Henderson truly was // what a sight to see = jaw-dropping    ..Beard  and Quiery were as gifted too  

'WOMG'  couldnt have stated it better ..Pearls '96 '97 teams were the best Ive ever seen bar none..some calling players now a beast have no idea that Henderson truly was // what a sight to see = jaw-dropping    ..Beard  and Quiery were as gifted too  

well if you want to talk history about older teams that is what i have been trying to say to get my point across pearl had two state champions those years where have they been since im sure they have had some re-building years so how can you put down greenevilles schedule after the teams that they have played are for the norm top 10 teams in the state as well as playoff teams year in and year out ! bottom you cannot stay on top year after year greeneville had a run from 2009-2011 but fell short last with a big loss in there senior class - fulton has a great football team and after this year they will lose several players they will still have a good team but they will be re-building as well but one thing about these two teams they are around year after year so pearl bring it on east tenn. is a waitin!

You are exactly right. They were the best teams I ever saw period. Young fans don't understand Pearl. Just remember what I said. When they get it going all of us are in trouble..... :ugeek: 

PC knows about Fulton we came to Nashville two years in a row '06 and '07 I believe and spanked them up by about 40. They were supposed to be so great then too. I like how no PC fans wanted to mention that instead of going all the way back to '96 '97. I understand though I would not mention that either if i was a PC fan.

Finchum is on track to break Greeneville's single season passing record. Maybe somebody could post his stats and the stats for Fulton's QB so we could get a comparison.

Fulton qb Penny Smith 3 offers UT Chatt, Campbell Univ, UT Martin

Stats: 39-53

877 yrds

Comp% 73.58  

14 Tds

3 Int

28 rush

257 yrds

2 tds

Fulton barely gets any offensive plays after 7 games leading rusher has 77 carries for 1153 yrds They score too much too fast too quick.