South Pittsburg vs Polk Co (Moore man vs that Davis man)

Roy Dillard

This is for all the so called Pirate fans that think we have no chance in this game. Honestly if you really think that just keep it to yourselves. I know I sound like a broken record but that's why they play the game. As long as there's time on the clock we have a chance and like I said before we don't have to stop them just make them punt afew times. If you have no confidence in our team then something's wrong.

This is for all the so called Pirate fans that think we have no chance in this game. Honestly if you really think that just keep it to yourselves. I know I sound like a broken record but that's why they play the game. As long as there's time on the clock we have a chance and like I said before we don't have to stop them just make them punt afew times. If you have no confidence in our team then something's wrong.

There may be some not as outspoken as you...or they prefer to "play SP down". Either way most posts about just wanna keep it close are realistic.

There may be some not as outspoken as you...or they prefer to "play SP down". Either way most posts about just wanna keep it close are realistic.

I agree with you but these that keep saying hope we don't get hurt and not sure we can even play with them. That's a joke. Almost like the crap last year when Gordonsville was going to blow us off the field. Now if we come out like we did against Hixon and don't respond when they punch us in the mouth it could be bad. But what going to happen if we punch them in the mouth.

If South Pittsburg can keep it close I see them pulling out a win......Just cant let Polk come out first thing and smack ya in the mouth. Tell them boys to play rough Pirate football and protect their house!!!!

OK. So I went to Polk's website and checked their football pictures. There's no doubt Miller is a big boy (6'1" 235). And nearly every picture was composed of Seniors (they have 14 on the roster) so there's no doubt the leadership is there. They have just as many Juniors, too. And, as usual, their roster had over 60 guys listed. With the exception of Miller they seem to be the same Polk team we see every year. They've got some big boys on the line, but overall I don't think they average much more than us. There were very few pics of passing, so this might be an area where they try to surprise us. #'s 54 and 55 were prominent as tacklers. In a nutshell their anchor is Miller - both as a runner and linebacker. If he's on top of his game he'll be hard to stop.

But having said all that I feel like we can match them score for score with Lankford and Mitchell. Throw in Fitzgerald, Grider, and Sellers and I think we have the edge. And I feel Fehr and Mosely will be two of the best defensive men they've faced this year.

Wimberly #21 is our best defensive player IMO...it seems he is in on every tackle

I agree with you but these that keep saying hope we don't get hurt and not sure we can even play with them. That's a joke. Almost like the crap last year when Gordonsville was going to blow us off the field. Now if we come out like we did against Hixon and don't respond when they punch us in the mouth it could be bad. But what going to happen if we punch them in the mouth.

I say it will be a 1 score game as usual ...this isn't the 2010 polk team

Wimberly #21 is our best defensive player IMO...it seems he is in on every tackle

#21 is around the ball all the time. Getting Pittaway back has added to the defense (and offense) by taking some of the pressure off of Miller and allowing more platooning for the linebackers.

Miller is a good linebacker, but when he puts his hand on the ground, on the D-Line, he is unblockable!

These pie-rat fans are just poor mouthing on here. They learned in 2009 that talk is just talk. I still remember all the "speedway" talk, and how Polk couldn't hang with the speed of SP,, and I remember the silence of the home crowd when Polk made it 21-0 early in the 2nd... ah! good times, goooood times! I also remember 2011 down there when Polk was lucky to not get mercy ruled.

But, back to 2013...... I really think this game can go either way. Polk has had a few "flat" or "uninspired" moments this season. I will go back to what I have said, I believe Polk can control the line, but can they contain SP's playmakers? They have faced playmakers from other teams and faired ok.