South Pittsburg vs Polk Co (Moore man vs that Davis man)

Roy Dillard

Come on now South Pitt fans you all know this is going to a battle. Pulling for my Wildcats but the Pirates are a talented group of young men. I'm not putting a score out there but I say Polk wins a very close game. Hope everyone has a safe trip friday and I really hope both teams come out injury free with the playoffs just around the corner.

Got a quick question for ya op, how would SP handle a fence jumper climbing back over that fence? Heard one might be headed back yalls way next year. He was very impressed with the team and the weight room.......

Old Pirate up and went to see them Auburn Tigers feud with them Texas A/M folkes @ College Station. Dad burnit them fellers in the crew up & had too much hooch and was expelling some awlful mess. OP had to drive most of the way back but ifin one of them other fellers had driven they would have landed us in the clink foe sure. Any how, Old Pirate left Friday and skipped the mismatch with them Jackets but sure seen a real feud Saturday. Recon to answer yous question, Old Pirate says a feller tending his herd loses a few, some jest wonder off and get lost and stay confused, others wonder off to what they think is greener pastures but often find them greener pastures is infested with wolves and quick sand. The "Lucky Ones" run hard to get away and start wondering & jest trying to survive again, sometimes they get close enough to pickup a scent of home and return to the fold. Figure them old herdsmen are happy to see the wayward lost/fence jumpers get back home! Pert near sure a feller can see OP's point.......LOPWOAO

Old Pirate up and went to see them Auburn Tigers feud with them Texas A/M folkes @ College Station. Dad burnit them fellers in the crew up & had too much hooch and was expelling some awlful mess. OP had to drive most of the way back but ifin one of them other fellers had driven they would have landed us in the clink foe sure. Any how, Old Pirate left Friday and skipped the mismatch with them Jackets but sure seen a real feud Saturday. Recon to answer yous question, Old Pirate says a feller tending his herd loses a few, some jest wonder off and get lost and stay confused, others wonder off to what they think is greener pastures but often find them greener pastures is infested with wolves and quick sand. The "Lucky Ones" run hard to get away and start wondering & jest trying to survive again, sometimes they get close enough to pickup a scent of home and return to the fold. Figure them old herdsmen are happy to see the wayward lost/fence jumpers get back home! Pert near sure a feller can see OP's point.......LOPWOAO

Stay on topic. No more talk of fence jumpers, transfers, or recruiting! That kind of talk can get people into trouble!

Good luck to SP and Polk. Should be a good game.

OK.  So I went to Polk's website and checked their football pictures.  There's no doubt Miller is a big boy (6'1" 235).  And nearly every picture was composed of Seniors (they have 14 on the roster) so there's no doubt the leadership is there.  They have just as many Juniors, too.  And, as usual, their roster had over 60 guys listed.  With the exception of Miller they seem to be the same Polk team we see every year.  They've got some big boys on the line, but overall I don't think they average much more than us.  There were very few pics of passing, so this might be an area where they try to surprise us.  #'s 54 and 55 were prominent as tacklers. In a nutshell their anchor is Miller - both as a runner and linebacker.  If he's on top of his game he'll be hard to stop.

But having said all that I feel like we can match them score for score with Lankford and Mitchell.  Throw in Fitzgerald, Grider, and Sellers and I think we have the edge.  And I feel Fehr and Mosely will be two of the best defensive men they've faced this year.