South Pittsburg vs Polk Co (Moore man vs that Davis man)

Roy Dillard

Just saying Ken. Several people on here have argued that Nashville Christian is the best in 1A. I'm not sure if anyone from SP has said they are the best. If Nashville Christian is as good as some of their fans say then they should be ranked #1.

Yes, Pirate fans learned long ago to not say we are the best. We have seen that funny shaped ball bounce in all directions, and  have learned to depend on the playoffs where everything shakes out. This weeks gane will show if we are ready for those playoffs.

Old PIrate jest returned from the break room and the chatter of them fellers from down under a complaining about them Chiefs sitiation! Dad burnit OP can't help chuckle hearing them fellers moan but recon us SP folkes needs to feel plenty thankful the Pirates has been a rather consistant program the last 8-10 years.  Now as for this feud with them goat breeders from Polk the Pirates better make sure them jocks is secured as well as them chin straps, cause them youngons of them goat breeders is going to come to the SP Speedway and introduce this Pirate team to some pain.......................Figure this here feud could become a nail biter before the dust settles. The Pirates have a good combination of speed and power but as they say you can't reproduce speed of the Pirates nor the bullish style running of the Wildcats in practice. Both teams face tough challeneges and this matchup has become a real dandy rivalry lately. This Old Pirate jest hopes theys still enough walking wounded to be near full strength the following week against them Jasper folkes. Coach Tim appears to have his foot on a few youngons undisciplined behavior and hopefully theys will all play in Friday's feud. Fact is the Speedway should be full and be a great atomsphere for these youngons on both sides. So you Jasper folkes that want to see a "Real Feud" grab a seat and enjoy. BTW, you NJ folkes is welcome to come see a real good feud too and dream about when yous going to be competive again! LOPAO...................

******************GO WAR EAGLES********************

Eraser, you MUST have been a linebacker. I like your posts; Glenn's too.  Two posters who decipher the game down to it's simplist form, hit somebody hard and run fast.  IF the SP linemen hit somebody hard enough to allow their backs to run fast all night long, Pirates win. If they don't, Pirates lose. Simple as that.  Good luck.  Already looking forward to next week.

It's great to see nohope has returned from the abiss! Is you coming to the feud at the Speedway to scout like them other Jasper folkes is?

HELLOOO!!! ITS DAY TWO BABY!! ANOTHER DAY TO GET READY TO GO TO WAR!! YOU GOTTA GET YOUR MIND RIGHT!! YOU GOTTA GET YOUR MIND RIGHT!! Boys its going to be physical come Friday baby! You better FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS!!! These Polk boys are going to be ready to PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH!! YOU GOTTA GET YOUR MIND RIGHT!! DONT TAKE A DAY OFF!! USE THIS DAY TO GET BETTER BABY!! HIT SOMEBODY!!!

I watched the SP vs Boyd game on tv.... the two things I noticed is SP has several good backs that can be dangerous. ... the other thing is SP was tackling at the shoulder pads....tackling high isn't going to work this week if they do its miller time at beene stadium

Did you see the stick on #3 in the second half? 

I went to huddle.com last night and watched Polks highlights. I was impressed but did notice that the big RB runs straight up and the majority of the tackles he ran through were at his legs. I'm not saying we have the players to do it but in the past with linebackers we have had. I said had like the Banks Bros, Eddie Moore, or David Wyatt I would put money that he wouldn't have a good game or maybe not finish the game after consistent shots to the ribs. I just don't think we have the men who play like that except for Fitzgerald and he's kind if small

I went to huddle.com last night and watched Polks highlights. I was impressed but did notice that the big RB runs straight up and the majority of the tackles he ran through were at his legs. I'm not saying we have the players to do it but in the past with linebackers we have had. I said had like the Banks Bros, Eddie Moore, or David Wyatt I would put money that he wouldn't have a good game or maybe not finish the game after consistent shots to the ribs. I just don't think we have the men who play like that except for Fitzgerald and he's kind if small

Can anybody watch those videos or do you have to be invited? And yes he has ran strait up since little league. ..but he can get low when he needs to