South Pittsburg vs Polk Co (Moore man vs that Davis man)

Roy Dillard

I dont know what Game you watched!! but the last of the 2nd qtr on wasnt the same play calling as the first 22 mins

The play is called double dive bud. Its a option play and it was almost the only play we ran in the 2nd half. It was ran several times in the 1st half and got stuffed everytime. Lol I know what plays were called. I wouldn't take up coaching in future for a hobby. Go Pirates lol

Great game on both sides. Thats why I paid the admission to see a good one!

Congrats to the Pirates, good luck the rest of the way...get another gold ball. Congrats to Grider too!

Ps... Please upgrade the bathrooms....!

I think Pirate fans have waited for bathrooms for years. Guess the Quarterback club used all their pennies on the new gym. Thought Polk would bring more fans like the last two times they came here but couldn't have asked for a better game. Polk is really good. SP will be beat up for weeks after tonight

LOPAO.... Old Pirate says what game did you watch Coach Gino? The Pirates were taken to the wood shed the 1st half. The OL was getting their butts kicked, Lankford was a non factor much of the first half. OP talked to couple of linemen's dads that stated Polk whipped them early and often! OP certainly don't know the offensive sets or plays and didn't see the 46 run one time! So, what plays are you talking about ( normal plays)?

SO proud of these young men not quitting after they were down and for the players taking care of one in particular player tonite who was on the verge of being thrown out of the ballgame. Can't have selfish and stupid mistakes..Drunken Sailor hit it on the head about this buch being leaps and bounds better than the first few weeks. Alot of it goes to coaches and alot goes to what I;m seeing now that wasn;t in the early stages is leadership from alot of the seniors..One of the most exciting games I"ve seen in a long time..Yes our O line got whipped on sevearl occasions but our D did some whipping of Polks line also,, I believe most of the injuries were minor except one but his backup on the line played awesome when he went out and we started actually moving the ball a little more..Sp fans were into it bigtime and I believe that helped pump the boys up..Great win..

That my friends was a STATEMENT game if I have ever seen it! Senior Heavy teams goin to battle in the last 6 minutes is what high school football is about! Play calling in the 1st half May have been somewhat out of the ordinary but Polk had a pair Of eyes somewhere watching this week! Mark my words SP will coast to cookeville! This game showed how many players on the team have bought into becoming 1 unit! The last drive of the game tonight was phenomenal by those group of seniors, they found it within their self and gutted out a BIG time win heading into next week against the purple team!

Lol goodness you two guys need to eat some crow! Ever occur to you that the other team might've just been whipping our offensive line early on and doing things on defense we wasn't prepared for? News flash the same plays were called in the 2nd half after blocking adjustments were made. Smh need to learn a little patience instead of bickering like old women on here. That being said... This was best SP comeback win in a very long time. 1A better take notice

the last drive your boy did a great job calling plays but when lankford only has 8 carries half way through the third something'snot right. Your are right 1 a teams be prepared here comes the Pirates.

Thought Polk would bring more fans like the last two times they came here but couldn't have asked for a better game. Polk is really good. SP will be beat up for weeks after tonight

Some of the Polk fans may still be in the westbound traffic on 24.

But it was well worth the inconvenience..... Even if it wasn't the outcome I was pulling for. To see two groups of young men leave it all on the field is what HS football is about.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the way, beat the purple out of Mary Ann.

Edited by Charlie Murphy

Saw a great ballgame last night...saw a lot of heart and determination! 

Getting the FG right as the first half ended was HUGE, kept SP within one score...(8 points down)

At the 6:20 mark of the 3rd qrt, SP had pulled within 2 pts...then with 4:20 left in the 4th the Defense stood up, and I mean they stood up Big Time...got the ball back at Sp 20 yd line and masterful play calling by our Offensive Coordinator and just sheer heart, determination, a never die attitude and will to win, 12 play 80 yd game winning TD drive that ate up all but about 28 seconds of the clock!!!

Good Luck to Polk County from here on out...yall got an outstanding team and Coach!

Congrats to the Mighty Pirates on the VICtory and also to Coach Vic!!

Congrats to our entire coaching staff...most points given up by Polk County thus far