South Pittsburg at Marion (Moore man against that McCurry man)

Roy Dillard

Do you think that if our so called local paper doesn't write about our teams that it will make Chattanooga teams better. Love Steven Hargis. Known him his whole life but sometimes I think we get snubbed down here. I'm talking Pirates and Warriors both. Just like chattanooga top 10. Look at it and laugh out loyd

Do you think that if our so called local paper doesn't write about our teams that it will make Chattanooga teams better. Love Steven Hargis. Known him his whole life but sometimes I think we get snubbed down here. I'm talking Pirates and Warriors both. Just like chattanooga top 10. Look at it and laugh out loyd

Being new to the area and how great it was where I come from, the local read is very poor....I told the writers that Silverdale was the best team in Chattanooga last season in baseball, but it took them to the district final to get them to the ball park, its just sad that they think there are only about 5 schools that need to be written on.....at this point we dont care if a Baylor, Mccallie, East Hamilton, Signal Mountain, Ooltewah kid got a cold last night....write about all the teams......and yes the top ten is very laughable!!!

You guys need to check out todays paper. We are not getting snubbed...Far from it....and don't laugh too loud at the top 10 until you see it!!!

Edited by TheBlackPearl

Its time!!!!! strap em up boys n take your KING of the valley title tonight. As a wise old Dave Baxter would say hit em in the mouth in the first quarter and spend the other three quarters chasing them down to block em!! This is what all the blood,sweat and hard work comes down too!!! BUST EM UP!!! GO PIRATES!!!!

Great article in the Times about the rivalry.  I heard early in the season that Hargis had been given orders to quit concentrating so much on his hometown, so that may be why the coverage has decreased.

Sad to say both schools got a little "vandalism" happy last night.  I just hope those idiots are caught, and that it doesn't sour a great rivalry experience.  I can't say enough about how Mac has brought a team from the cellar to the top floor, and how Moore is carrying the Pirate flag without missing a step.  Both teams have some great kids that I know will leave it all on the field tonight.  My son is a Pirate and one of his best friends is a Warrior, and I have many friends in Jasper, and I freely admit that I will probably smile for both teams at times.  But the bottom line is I want my Pirates to win.  I want the egos and attitudes to be left on the sidelines, and I want the mighty Pirates to play their hearts out and be victorious.  GO PIRATES!!

Great article in the Times about the rivalry.  I heard early in the season that Hargis had been given orders to quit concentrating so much on his hometown, so that may be why the coverage has decreased.

Sad to say both schools got a little "vandalism" happy last night.  I just hope those idiots are caught, and that it doesn't sour a great rivalry experience.  I can't say enough about how Mac has brought a team from the cellar to the top floor, and how Moore is carrying the Pirate flag without missing a step.  Both teams have some great kids that I know will leave it all on the field tonight.  My son is a Pirate and one of his best friends is a Warrior, and I have many friends in Jasper, and I freely admit that I will probably smile for both teams at times.  But the bottom line is I want my Pirates to win.  I want the egos and attitudes to be left on the sidelines, and I want the mighty Pirates to play their hearts out and be victorious.  GO PIRATES!!

Yeah, this thread may start getting a little out of control soon.  Sad really.  It's one thing when it's something that can be removed.  But when it's something that will cause damage or cost money to fix, that's crossing the line. 

Yeah, this thread may start getting a little out of control soon.  Sad really.  It's one thing when it's something that can be removed.  But when it's something that will cause damage or cost money to fix, that's crossing the line. 

I hope they at least put 5 gallons of urethane insulation in the train whistle