South Pittsburg at Marion (Moore man against that McCurry man)

Roy Dillard

Exactly what I thought...Close game at half then SP would pull away a little bit in the second..Congrats Pirates! Now it is time for the playoff run! Congrats to Jasper as well because in years passed when SP would have been up 2 scores they would have folded and gotten blown out so you can see this team has gotten better and will make a run in the playoffs themselves. Zeman and Lankford are two great backs!

Piratetom (mustang Tom) wins the door prize.  He predicted 35-19.  Geno had 36-21.  WOW!  What a great game.  Just a good old slobberknocker. 

The first couple of teams MC plays in the playoffs are going to get a lesson big strong running backs.  Zeman is a hoss.  I don't know if he ran out of steam, or we just got stiffer in the second half, but he's going to plow through weaker teams.

Lankford proved to me last week that he is driven.  Tonight he proved it even more.  And kudos to our defensive line - there were plenty of times they shut the door as soon as the ball was snapped.

Even bigger news - strictly a pride thing - but Boyd beat Silverdale in overtime.

It doesnt get any better than this. High school football at its best under the Friday Night Lights. Tonight, two great teams will leave it all on the field. Cousin against cousin, friend against friend, its going to be a great battle. The Warriors are out to prove they have RETURNED and the Pirates look to prove they are STILL on TOP. Having played in this rivalry and now cheering for this rivalry, you cant ask for anything better. Best of luck to both teams........

Pirates 35

Warriors 19

Real close on my prediction !

Great game by both teams