Rockwood @ Grace Christian

Wired4Football

That's true Raven, I was there.  Hampton only beat us by 9......29-38 in the 2008 season.

Lost 14-34 in 2007.

Lost 8-46 in 2006.

Lost 14-61 in 2005.

I remember Midway putting 49 on us in 2007.

I remember Greenback putting 61 on us in 2008.

Yea, it seems everyone doesn't remember the days that we were on the other side of the lopsided scores.

I remember those days then Grace got good then got caught cheating and went on probation

That's true Raven, I was there.  Hampton only beat us by 9......29-38 in the 2008 season.

Lost 14-34 in 2007.

Lost 8-46 in 2006.

Lost 14-61 in 2005.

I remember Midway putting 49 on us in 2007.

I remember Greenback putting 61 on us in 2008.

Yea, it seems everyone doesn't remember the days that we were on the other side of the lopsided scores.

yeah but as I recall because I was a starter in 08 you all was suppose to blow us out of the water just like any other time we played you all and you all was like number 4 in the state or something like that in 08 and we still beat yall :roflol:

You can't be serious. I am by no means overlooking them but losing to tellico looks really bad. Of course they could come out fired up because well almost no one likes us but who knows. It's unfortunate that in football we have so many enemies. Seems we are only remembered for the bad stuff. I bet though if you roll up jello I mountain you will see a recently rebuilt house of a family that had theirs burn down that 2008 season. Ask them about it.

Yes I'm serious. Any team can get beaten on any given night. But ive seen Grace in person, and they are a well oiled machine. I'm pulling for Grace to go all the way!!

You can't be serious. I am by no means overlooking them but losing to tellico looks really bad. Of course they could come out fired up because well almost no one likes us but who knows. It's unfortunate that in football we have so many enemies. Seems we are only remembered for the bad stuff. I bet though if you roll up jello I mountain you will see a recently rebuilt house of a family that had theirs burn down that 2008 season. Ask them about it.

Can you think of any reasons why anyone should like you're cheating rear ends.You draw kids away from bunches of local schools, pay their way if need be, lie like heck. I just can't find anything to like about GCA..If you fellers had one grain of integrity, you would,t  even be playing  these little rural schools who can't stay on the field with you for a half. How in the world does that make you feel soooooo big. What you need to do is ,grow you some, and play people who can compete.

• Upvote 1

Can you think of any reasons why anyone should like you're cheating rear ends.You draw kids away from bunches of local schools, pay their way if need be, lie like heck. I just can't find anything to like about GCA..If you fellers had one grain of integrity, you would,t  even be playing  these little rural schools who can't stay on the field with you for a half. How in the world does that make you feel soooooo big. What you need to do is ,grow you some, and play people who can compete.

Pujo, to GCA its about the reckoning....They feel this is the way to get back ot teams that whipped em back in the day....If they were doing it on the up and up, all would be well...But it appears past lessons havent been learned from, and that's a shame....Ever so often, we get a kid from another school, but its always a kid thats not playing much for the other program (such as the qb from Eliz that he mentioned earlier)....Heck, build a power house...But do it by the rules.

Kinda sounds like a post I shared with GCAPRIDE a couple years back...Now thats a GCA poster I can respect (he usually calls it like it is)

Raven is correct about one thing....the only way to beat them is to burn clock with your offense and hope your defense makes enough plays to have a chance in the end.  A team with a good field goal kicker has a chance if they can get to the fourth quarter within one score of them.  Then the pressure falls on them.  They are the prohibitive favorite to win and nothing they have done so far indicates much is going to keep them from reaching their goal.  They have cashed in on making a very good football team.  Old school football (power) is the one thing that could hurt them.  TC is the only one out there that really comes close in my opinion.

Kazzo

Pujo I feel like you are angry typing. Did you see out out of district schedule?? Last few years we have played carter, Anderson county, Austin east, Kingston, and cak. We will move up in a few years I'm sure. As for the "cheating" I can't believe I have to explain this again. The kids parents died his grandparents couldn't afford to keep him at grace. They did not want to send him back to karns. So yes someone in te church donated money for his tuition. So yes it may have been not legal but it's not like we went over to karns and said hey here's is some cash come play ball for us you all like to make it sound worse than it is. We already paid our dues. So why can't you let it go? The school is still growing and we are on the up and up. We will be 3 a soon enough so just be patient.

Was that for the williams kid or the wannamaker kid?  Of course your schedule was tough played everyone in Knoxville because everyone is tired of playing the privates over there GCA CAK Catholic and the county stepped in and made all schools in the county play each other. Otherwise yall would still be trying to beat N.G. by 75.

Your right 2008 Cosby was region 1A champs!! lost the game on a missed last second field goal but won the Region when yall got caught letting players live with the preacher. How come 5'2" fat slow  kids that need help never end up living with a church member and get free tuition?

• Upvote 1

Old eagle we have had this talk before. I'm not gonna explain again. Turns out Cosby was not in fact region champions grace was and still is I have the patch on my letterman as the trophy to prove it. One kid with dead parents one kid in foster care. This discussion is over. Back to rockwood please.

Helping unfortunate kids is about the finest think I've heard of, but they were not allowed to play sports. It was illeagle and to top it off, people persistantly lied about it up until the time it was proven.  I'm sure other things  went on that you never got caught for. Justify it to yourself if you want too, But wrong is still wrong.

here is what I do not understand teams like rockwood greenback midway openly tell people if they get the chance they will beat grace by 100 if they can. they change our name when they swap film from gca to gays kissing (rw, midway) and send it on to there kids as if to say gay people are some how less of a person.  they gather all our film up and send it out to whoever we play and this is the best part. then complain because we beat them bad and yet we still sub in the second half all the while they leave there starters in and slam our freshman into to the ground and get up and flex over them like they were not down by 35 + points. I guess things have change since I was young. I thought when you picked a fight and got your butt whipped you did not  cry about the manner it was kicked. now I know what some of you will say is that some of the kids and coaches were not apart of it and I agree that's why im glad we pull starters knowing they would not. so why does everyone at grace get the blame for cheating sounds like a double standard to me . yes some should but not all.

Edited by gCa