Riverdale won,Aydelott must be gone!

hardtackle

Oakland's zone is all of Rutherford County.

Not any more.  In the re-zoning letter that went out last summer re: the opening of Stewie, it was clearly stated that if you live in the LHS or Smyrna remaining zone that you could NOT go out of zone...that you WILL remain at LHS or Smyrna.  The I.B.program or course being the exception but that is similar to being accepted to the magnet school - the average "standard class" taking jock won't get in.  It's almost like taking all a.p. classes.  Oakland will be living off their zone almost exclusively in the future.  Since the Oakland Middle team was county champs the last two years, that is not such a bad thing though.

Not any more.  In the re-zoning letter that went out last summer re: the opening of Stewie, it was clearly stated that if you live in the LHS or Smyrna remaining zone that you could NOT go out of zone...that you WILL remain at LHS or Smyrna.  The I.B.program or course being the exception but that is similar to being accepted to the magnet school - the average "standard class" taking jock won't get in.  It's almost like taking all a.p. classes.  Oakland will be living off their zone almost exclusively in the future.  Since the Oakland Middle team was county champs the last two years, that is not such a bad thing though.

Not entirely accurate. You just have to "declare" you are going to pursue the IB program to get in. You are not tested into it until your Soph. year. If you don't make it in the IB program you are still an Oakland student and don't get shipped back to your zoned school.

The Smith brothers were Rockvale kids and would have gone to either Riverdale or Blackman (not sure which, but I believe Riverdale). They have another DB that was a Rock Springs middle kid and would have been a Smyrna/Lavergne student.

Not entirely accurate. You just have to "declare" you are going to pursue the IB program to get in. You are not tested into it until your Soph. year. If you don't make it in the IB program you are still an Oakland student and don't get shipped back to your zoned school.

The Smith brothers were Rockvale kids and would have gone to either Riverdale or Blackman (not sure which, but I believe Riverdale). They have another DB that was a Rock Springs middle kid and would have been a Smyrna/Lavergne student.

Does IB stand for " I be a player" ?

Riverdale should be in playoffs also,beat two of the teams in region that are in.

Then they should have been ready to play and WIN at the beginning of the season and not just at the end of it. You know they should have been better PREPARED.

Oh I forgot, we can't blame the coach for something HE should have done a YEAR AGO!

I formally give up. Y'all can fight over the corpse.

Riverdale should be in playoffs also,beat two of the teams in region that are in.

Is this a serious comment?  4-6 and should be in?  They are not good and should not be in the playoffs...maybe by your rationale TN should stop the season after week 8 and have everyone play in the tournament so that playoffs lose whatever meaning they have left.

Then they should have been ready to play and WIN at the beginning of the season and not just at the end of it. You know they should have been better PREPARED.

Oh I forgot, we can't blame the coach for something HE should have done a YEAR AGO!

I formally give up. Y'all can fight over the corpse.

For a guy who is not responding, you sure are weak minded. Young teams get better as the year goes,that is a sign of a great job from players and coaches.If they did not care they would have not improved as the season progressed.  

Is this a serious comment?  4-6 and should be in?  They are not good and should not be in the playoffs...maybe by your rationale TN should stop the season after week 8 and have everyone play in the tournament so that playoffs lose whatever meaning they have left. I am saying only district games should count ,not overall record when schools play teams tough and some that are weak easy wins. Based on district record you can not deny they should be playing.

Is this a serious comment?  4-6 and should be in?  They are not good and should not be in the playoffs...maybe by your rationale TN should stop the season after week 8 and have everyone play in the tournament so that playoffs lose whatever meaning they have left.

8 out of 10 teams Riverdale played made the post-season.  A lot of 6-4 teams can not make that claim.  ^_^

LOD, do you think coach A is really gone or is it just wishful thinking on your part. He did buy a house in Christiana/Barfield area and has been living in Rutherford county for 2 years now.

Yes, I'm wondering the same thing.

We all need to be prepared for how difficult it's gong to be to get this program back out of the gutter. There is much, much work to be done and it will take the right coach and some time.

8 out of 10 teams Riverdale played made the post-season.  A lot of 6-4 teams can not make that claim.  ^_^

All of the teams in the playoffs made the playoffs. If they want to advance they'll have to beat teams that made the playoffs.

Riverdale is now making the argument that so many complained about in the old playoff system. That's how far the program has fallen.