Dobyns Bennett vs Morristown East

orangeandwhite

Someone said Mo East had a week schedule. I would like for there fans to comment. Greenvilles week schedule doesn't seem to hurt them.

Where the Devils schedule can hurt them is against another deep team.They are loaded but when the big guys have to play 4 quarters like SM,it's a lot different then a team their 2ed and 3ed team can whip.They better not look past the 2ed round,but the team  in my opinion that will be the biggest hurdle for anyone in 4a is  Fulton.They are loaded and very deep.The depth those two have is what DB has not had a lot of over the last few years.That has to change and I hope we can get all the youth and middle schools on the same page with the Indians.

Edited by BatmanDB

How many players are on D-B's team? Greeneville hasn't needed much depth cause they have stayed healthy enough and the guys playing have done a very great job. I mean their 2010 points scored record breaking team fielded 7 seniors but they all played great. Fulton has 65 players on their roster 9-12 grade. I would assume Greeneville is around that number, but I really don't know for sure. 65 players for a 4A school in TN is decent, but it is not impressive. A school of 500-550 students that fields 90+ players grades 9-12 is. That would be what Alcoa does. Seriously though, what does D-B have on the roster now? I know East has approximately 65 players grades 10-12 on the roster which is mediocre numbers at best for a 6A school in TN.

How many players are on D-B's team? Greeneville hasn't needed much depth cause they have stayed healthy enough and the guys playing have done a very great job. I mean their 2010 points scored record breaking team fielded 7 seniors but they all played great. Fulton has 65 players on their roster 9-12 grade. I would assume Greeneville is around that number, but I really don't know for sure. 65 players for a 4A school in TN is decent, but it is not impressive. A school of 500-550 students that fields 90+ players grades 9-12 is. That would be what Alcoa does. Seriously though, what does D-B have on the roster now? I know East has approximately 65 players grades 10-12 on the roster which is mediocre numbers at best for a 6A school in TN.

Probably about the same for DB not counting the freshman players.When I'm talking depth,I don't mean 60-70,or 140 like I remember DB had going into a spring practice one year.I'm talking players that can walk and chew gum without falling,plus they make plays when their number is called.I've seen a lot of kids that just wanted a number.I'd take a roster with 40 football players compared to one with a 100 kids that would rather be home playing video games.Like the movie 300 if you seen it.Cut out the guys that do other things and give me the few warriors to fight with.

as long as coach clark keeps coaching the way he does this will be a very easy win for morristown east...its time for him to step down...and for you DB fans that dont see it..enjoy winning over the easy teams that we are suppose to win over and choke every year in all other games. im just tired of it. he needs to be the athletic director.

Is that you ArtFandelay?

I know what you were talking about BatmanDB. It is ridiculous that a school with such a large enrollment would have any kind of a depth issue for a stretch of years. It is nice to have numbers for practice though, just to have bodies for the look squad. Coaches need to be evaluated on how they build a program which means taking in 9th graders and molding them into guys who can play on Friday night. I have seen potential from a whole bunch of teams in very many different areas not become reality due to not enforcing the basic fundamentals a player needs to be solid for Fridays. You have to keep the kids in check on and off the field as best as possible.

He's MIA, Mr. Waco. (If your Indians fall in the first round, we'll see who's calling for the guillotene from the ranks - F Art's modus operandi)

Clark has won more games than he has lost for the Indians but it seems the ones he loses are the most important. I don't know what the answer is but I bet he would fix it if he knew. I guess it's just nerves. I'm very appreciative of what he has done for our program and it does get old losing in the playoffs every year, but it would be even worse if we didn't make the playoffs. A lesser coach would have not made it with this years team. That I can guarantee you. I still think he finds a way to win this week, it's just a gut feeling. And next week we can just be a walk through to help Maryville sharpen up for the run. ROLL TRIBE

ps. If it's third and a foot, let's not go into shotgun.

Clark has won more games than he has lost for the Indians but it seems the ones he loses are the most important. I don't know what the answer is but I bet he would fix it if he knew. I guess it's just nerves. I'm very appreciative of what he has done for our program and it does get old losing in the playoffs every year, but it would be even worse if we didn't make the playoffs. A lesser coach would have not made it with this years team. That I can guarantee you. I still think he finds a way to win this week, it's just a gut feeling. And next week we can just be a walk through to help Maryville sharpen up for the run. ROLL TRIBE

If DB was not forced by the T$$AA to play so many Tri-cities cupcakes then they would fare much better in the playoffs.

Good post. Spot on.  Where did the sudden clarity come from, dbFAN91? ;)