South Pittsburg 2013 Pirates

OLD PIRATE

This team still can be as good as they want. I don't think they're there yet. Even against Jasper they had moments of frustration that could have pulled them in a different direction but they dug in and you can see that they have each others backs. On the play that was wiped out by penalty on the last drive you saw Landlord jack 24 up blocking for Mitchell. We missed that last year. This years line are now the the strong point of this team. I'm very proud of these young men especially the young ones who have stepped up. Two names that anyone outside our fans may not pay attention to are Fitzgerald and Mosely. These two make the most of what they have and I enjoy watching them. Thanks coaches but please keep it simple and just do it the Pirate way. 6 championships and 5 runner ups for a school with about 260 students. Wow

This team still can be as good as they want. I don't think they're there yet. Even against Jasper they had moments of frustration that could have pulled them in a different direction but they dug in and you can see that they have each others backs. On the play that was wiped out by penalty on the last drive you saw Landlord jack 24 up blocking for Mitchell. We missed that last year. This years line are now the the strong point of this team. I'm very proud of these young men especially the young ones who have stepped up. Two names that anyone outside our fans may not pay attention to are Fitzgerald and Mosely. These two make the most of what they have and I enjoy watching them. Thanks coaches but please keep it simple and just do it the Pirate way. 6 championships and 5 runner ups for a school with about 260 students. Wow

great post

As long as Jujuan stays healthy then South Pittsburg's hardest obstacle to get to Cookeville will be the bus ride.

South Pittsburg has become a monster of a team over the last month. Although I'd love to see a Nashville Christian v South Pitt final, in all likelihood it will be Union City vs SP. Final score prediction SP 35 - UC 20.

Art's retiring from CoachT. Good luck.

I agree with you. It looked like the pirate way the last two weeks. They just kept pounding the ball ahead. It brought back memories from the old single wing. Pound, pound, pound, pop one. Pound, pound, pound, pop another one.

South Pittsburg has become a monster of a team over the last month. Although I'd love to see a Nashville Christian v South Pitt final, in all likelihood it will be Union City vs SP. Final score prediction SP 35 - UC 20.

Art's retiring from CoachT. Good luck.

Why are you retiring Art? You didn't believe in this SP team a month ago. What has got you believing now? Did you originally think they would lose to Boyd, Polk and Marion?

The Pirates have a tough road to Cookeville, regardless what most skillet heads think. If the Pirates stay focused and play well enough to make it to the title feud, their likely opponent is a team SP folkes know well. Yep, Union City Tornadoes will be a tough opponent for anyone. The Tornadoes are loaded with more athletes than SP. UC is a no huddle wingt team with a big physical team with #s 42, 6, 11, and 27 playmakers. The cow bell is FB #42 who plays DE, wings #6 and # 11. Ifin any of you fellers want to do some scouting on anyone jest go to the TSSAA website and pick a school. Theys plenty of stuff that will perhaps make some of you discard them Jasper feller's Rose Colored Glasses. The Pirates have to improve every week and stay healthy to have a chance! BTW, UC is bigger and better than Jasper with far more play makers, OP ain't jest joking neither!