Bunch of MESS

pujo

One of Cloudlands players told me after the game that the refs KEPT telling him to quit leading with his head. That is not the refs job, 1st of all ,you need to call penalties on BOTH teams and the biggest thing they should be concerned with is the safety of the kids. This kid could could have broke his neck or either injured another kid. The refs in our game has favored the other team in our last 2 games and I'm not whinning, we've won them both. Not a single holding call has been made against our opponents in the last 2 weeks, just how realistic is that. Its not these cats job to try to even out games or call against the top DOG.  I'm sure we are guilty of the penalties they call, but they intentionally ignore penalties by the other team. I really don't know exactly what the stats would show the last 2 weeks, but I'm sure its miles apart. Its a little sad and unprofessional out of these fellers and i think it needs to be addressed.This was the same way at Cloudland back in their glory days.I think its time for some accountability.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Pirate agrees......SP is often the victim of bad officials as well. These guys should be paid on performance, as OP acknowledges mistakes are made but rules should followed. Example, SP kicked ball and fielded on the 1 or 2 yd line, the player grabs the ball and gets tackled in the endzone for what should have been a safety & a free kick but the ball was placed at the 20 yd line and the other team kept possession. The failed FCS td @ Boyd that advanced them on to a state championship. Obviously the officials often times are partial!

Old Pirate agrees......SP is often the victim of bad officials as well. These guys should be paid on performance, as OP acknowledges mistakes are made but rules should followed. Example, SP kicked ball and fielded on the 1 or 2 yd line, the player grabs the ball and gets tackled in the endzone for what should have been a safety & a free kick but the ball was placed at the 20 yd line and the other team kept possession. The failed FCS td @ Boyd that advanced them on to a state championship. Obviously the officials often times are partial!

i,m sure you fellers have the same sort of problems. Refs are bad to try to help the underdog. Its not right to cheat kids because they win.Teams win for a reason and in this area,its because they outwork people. You don't penalize hard work, it should be applauded.

Hixson got plenty of help, especially in the 4th gtr.  The Pirates were sloppy at times especially in the first half of that game but 300 yards in penalties is just insane.

pujo, there just not very good in general. The problem is that there is NO accountability, which stems from them being very underpaid. TSSAA should supplement what the home team pays them to get them a high enough wage to make them want to do a good job from fear of losing a good paycheck. If you ask the majority of the officials they will tell you that by the time they pay for gas and food to get to the game that they barely break even.

I agree sometimes they try to keep the game close but sometimes they also feel like theres no way that play happened without a flag and they just throw one because. Last week against Unaka we broke the first play of the game loose for about a 60 yard gain down to the Unaka 5 there was a flag for a block in the back... our RB did reverse field thus we didn't argue because that usually happens when a runner reverses field. After watching the film several times from 2 different angles it didnt happen. Didnt make a huge difference cause we ended up getting beat handily but that could have been a huge momentum swing for a team that was beat up and depleted as we were.

pujo, there just not very good in general. The problem is that there is NO accountability, which stems from them being very underpaid. TSSAA should supplement what the home team pays them to get them a high enough wage to make them want to do a good job from fear of losing a good paycheck. If you ask the majority of the officials they will tell you that by the time they pay for gas and food to get to the game that they barely break even.

I agree sometimes they try to keep the game close but sometimes they also feel like theres no way that play happened without a flag and they just throw one because. Last week against Unaka we broke the first play of the game loose for about a 60 yard gain down to the Unaka 5 there was a flag for a block in the back... our RB did reverse field thus we didn't argue because that usually happens when a runner reverses field. After watching the film several times from 2 different angles it didnt happen. Didnt make a huge difference cause we ended up getting beat handily but that could have been a huge momentum swing for a team that was beat up and depleted as we were.

Its not the callS that bothers me .its the non calls. Both teams in every game commits penalties. Sometimes refs just call it very loosely and thats ok, but when they just call it on one team .its a MESS.  I think Cloudland had 1 five yard penalty. I'm not saying Cloudland commits alot of penalties, but when I watched them against SG,the refs spotted more infractions. I saw a few more in the Hampton game but Ididn't have a dang flag to throw.

Inteatioal or not,they stole a State Championship from Boyd. Those kids will remember that the rest of their lifes.

Oldeagle, I'm sorry you guys had soooo many problems this season, Hope you have more fortune next year.

i,m sure you fellers have the same sort of problems. Refs are bad to try to help the underdog. Its not right to cheat kids because they win.Teams win for a reason and in this area,its because they outwork people. You don't penalize hard work, it should be applauded.

Pujo, the most recent display of terrible officiating that had drastic consequences against the Pirates game was last year @ GV. Two calls that dictated the outcome in favor of GV. 1. Call for phanthom holding on #57 for SP 15 yds behind the QB that negated a pass for a td late in the game. 2. The two point game winner conversion that # 2- Johnson was standing in the endzone and never come close to going down was handing the ball to the official but a quick whistle stopped the play. This year in several games the officials have kept plays alive too long while ball carriers have been stopped and driven back 4-6 yds before the play is whistled dead. Officials are simply TERRIBLE now! Yes, OP is saying the Pirates were robbed of another state championship by the poor officiating! Edited by OLD PIRATE

Pujo, the most recent display of terrible officiating that had drastic consequences against the Pirates game was last year @ GV. Two calls that dictated the outcome in favor of GV. 1. Call for holding on #57 for SP 15 yds behind the QB that negated a pass for a td late in the game. 2. The two point game winner conversion that # 2- Johnson was standing in the endzone and never come close to going down was handing the ball to the official but a quick whistle stopped the play. This year in several games the officials have kept plays alive too long while ball carriers have been stopped and driven back 4-6 yds before the play is whistled dead. Officials are simply TERRIBLE now! Yes, OP is saying the Pirates were robbed of another state championship by the poor officiating!

I don't mind terrible as bad as I do Biased. We have a few officals in this area that shouldn't be allowed to call a flag game. When I see these cats, i say ,OH BOY. What these fellers need to realize is' they are not cheating a school or coach, its a bunch of kids.