Bunch of MESS

pujo

The problem is there is no accountability at the state level!  Refs are all part of regional unions, and the TSSAA actually has little to nothing to do with them.  They are only TSAA refs in name only!  I've been involved in several games that were terribly officiated and asked our head coach to turn the refs in only to have him tell me the state will do nothing about it!  The only way to resolve the problem is to have the state take over ALL the officials and have them answer to the state.  The only problem is see with this is they will probably take more money away from schools at playoff gates and such.  I see a no win for a looooong time to come!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys each association has an assignor that basically runs that grouo of officials. Most I know take oride in tryong to do a good job. That being said due to the low numbers of officials you get guys that are rushed to the field before they are ready. If your coach has film of bad calls or missed calls have him send it to the assignor. If the assignor refuses to address it then go up the ladder to the state. There is someone there that is over all officials for each sport. Keep in mind that not all calls are black and white. Some are judgement calls that are made on the fly. Not saying that their are not bad officials and calls because I have seen some horrendous ones myself.

Its not the calls against us that gets me, its the no calls on the other teams. Anyone who knows anything about the game of football know you could call a penalty oin nearly every play, its the same in the NFL. But no one wants to see a flag fest. We had one of those this year and we had the game in hand, they threw a flag on the other team, coach told them to pick up the flag so we could get the game over with. You actually have 3 different types of crews, one's that call everything, one's that call nothing and in our case , one's that only call penalties on us, What it really boils down to in our case is nothing more than bias.Our Coach has coached at 2 different schools in this region and and come in 1st forever. They just try to help the other teams. These kids work hard for their success, they don't deserve the bias..

I hope your not talking to me. I don't mind the officials bashing. A lot of them are horrible. I've seen some bad ones this year for sure. The game RLH was talking about was the loss SP had this year. They turned the ball over that night, but those penalties sure didn't help. I believe one offensive possession had 4 consecutive flags for holding.

Ive seen em called against us in clumps of 2, 3 and 4 a series, multi series,,,IN ONE GAME!

Edited by uknoit2

The problem is there is no accountability at the state level!  Refs are all part of regional unions, and the TSSAA actually has little to nothing to do with them.  They are only TSAA refs in name only!  I've been involved in several games that were terribly officiated and asked our head coach to turn the refs in only to have him tell me the state will do nothing about it!  The only way to resolve the problem is to have the state take over ALL the officials and have them answer to the state.  The only problem is see with this is they will probably take more money away from schools at playoff gates and such.  I see a no win for a looooong time to come!!!

EXACTLY!

Guys each association has an assignor that basically runs that grouo of officials. Most I know take oride in tryong to do a good job. That being said due to the low numbers of officials you get guys that are rushed to the field before they are ready. If your coach has film of bad calls or missed calls have him send it to the assignor. If the assignor refuses to address it then go up the ladder to the state. There is someone there that is over all officials for each sport. Keep in mind that not all calls are black and white. Some are judgement calls that are made on the fly. Not saying that their are not bad officials and calls because I have seen some horrendous ones myself.

Our complaints would have to 1st go through the official THAT WE WOULD BE COMPLAINING ABOUT! LOL!!

How far do you think that would go? Now, thats a mess!

As a photographer (and former writer) I've seen my share of bad calls...some I have photographic evidence of and have shown the officials.  However, nearly every time they have been able to explain to me the reason for the call and I must admit they're usually right.  Of course they aren't right 100% of the time, but it's close enough that I can live with it.  Also, of the hundreds of pictures I take during a game there is a ref in practically every picture, so it's not like they aren't watching.  Overall, bad play calls by coaches and poor execution by players far outweighs bad calls by refs.  Yes, there is the occasional game-changer bad call, but those are rare.  I've long accepted the fact that I'm glad I'm not the one wearing the stripes.

As a photographer (and former writer) I've seen my share of bad calls...some I have photographic evidence of and have shown the officials.  However, nearly every time they have been able to explain to me the reason for the call and I must admit they're usually right.  Of course they aren't right 100% of the time, but it's close enough that I can live with it.  Also, of the hundreds of pictures I take during a game there is a ref in practically every picture, so it's not like they aren't watching.  Overall, bad play calls by coaches and poor execution by players far outweighs bad calls by refs.  Yes, there is the occasional game-changer bad call, but those are rare.  I've long accepted the fact that I'm glad I'm not the one wearing the stripes.

They weren't calling it consistently on both sides of the ball in that Hixson game.  If we had covered their receivers they way they did ours a few times, the flags would have come out, oh wait, they did.

To stir the pot a little, I see most are just complaining when it goes against them.

However, I've seen my share of game when it went our way and when it went against us.

I try as best I can to view the games without my blue glasses, but it's hard.

The only game that sticks out to me this year was last week when we played Goodpasture, the refs were bad both ways. I don't think it affected the outcome, but it was horrendous to watch as far as the officiating goes.

I've seen games when it went our way, and sorry to the SP folks but last years Gville-SP game wasn't one of them.

We played Westmoreland in 06, I think, I thought the refs really cut us some breaks and we won because of it.

I've seen horse caller "blocks" from offensive players on defenders not get called as holding in South Pitt in 08, I think, that didn't get called. Just some that really stuck out to me.

Regardless, it goes both ways, you get some for ya and against ya. It's just the way it is.

To stir the pot a little, I see most are just complaining when it goes against them.

However, I've seen my share of game when it went our way and when it went against us.

I try as best I can to view the games without my blue glasses, but it's hard.

The only game that sticks out to me this year was last week when we played Goodpasture, the refs were bad both ways. I don't think it affected the outcome, but it was horrendous to watch as far as the officiating goes.

I've seen games when it went our way, and sorry to the SP folks but last years Gville-SP game wasn't one of them.

We played Westmoreland in 06, I think, I thought the refs really cut us some breaks and we won because of it.

I've seen horse caller "blocks" from offensive players on defenders not get called as holding in South Pitt in 08, I think, that didn't get called. Just some that really stuck out to me.

Regardless, it goes both ways, you get some for ya and against ya. It's just the way it is.

You didn't play SP in 2008.