Bunch of MESS

pujo

To stir the pot a little, I see most are just complaining when it goes against them.

However, I've seen my share of game when it went our way and when it went against us.

I try as best I can to view the games without my blue glasses, but it's hard.

The only game that sticks out to me this year was last week when we played Goodpasture, the refs were bad both ways. I don't think it affected the outcome, but it was horrendous to watch as far as the officiating goes.

I've seen games when it went our way, and sorry to the SP folks but last years Gville-SP game wasn't one of them.

We played Westmoreland in 06, I think, I thought the refs really cut us some breaks and we won because of it.

I've seen horse caller "blocks" from offensive players on defenders not get called as holding in South Pitt in 08, I think, that didn't get called. Just some that really stuck out to me.

Regardless, it goes both ways, you get some for ya and against ya. It's just the way it is.

Just to give the refs a little credit, they are some good ones and I definatly don't want their job!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To stir the pot a little, I see most are just complaining when it goes against them.

However, I've seen my share of game when it went our way and when it went against us.

I try as best I can to view the games without my blue glasses, but it's hard.

The only game that sticks out to me this year was last week when we played Goodpasture, the refs were bad both ways. I don't think it affected the outcome, but it was horrendous to watch as far as the officiating goes.

I've seen games when it went our way, and sorry to the SP folks but last years Gville-SP game wasn't one of them.

We played Westmoreland in 06, I think, I thought the refs really cut us some breaks and we won because of it.

I've seen horse caller "blocks" from offensive players on defenders not get called as holding in South Pitt in 08, I think, that didn't get called. Just some that really stuck out to me.

Regardless, it goes both ways, you get some for ya and against ya. It's just the way it is.

Agree with this, most people only see the bad calls against their team.  We don't usually pay attention to the close/bad calls against the other team.  Although some games are easy to see how bad it is both ways.  2 games that have been mentioned on this thread are the SP/Marion game from last week.  There were "questionable" calls both ways but as I was told before the game that crew does like to throw the flags.  Also the SP/Gville game last year had it's share of bad calls that went against each team.  The final run wasn't the only call that could have been called into question by either side. 

For what it's worth, in coaching in our jr. pro football league I meet alot of TSSAA refs due to them working our games.

There are some good ones that I would prefer to work our games because they're that good. I know of one that works with officials at Titans games.

There are other that it just depends on the day.

They have a tough and thankless job. I don't want it.