William Blount offseason thread

Governm

Coach Whitehead coached defense in Gregory's last season, but I am not so sure he was given the reigns to be able to coach and call all of the shots.....so I consider last year Coach Whitehead's first year as the defensive coach, and he had two young guys helping him....his brother and Coach Cochran.  These three are going to be really good coaches, IMO, and I have repeatedly said that since spring practice started, these guys have coached so much more aggressively.  Sometimes we forget that coaches have to learn and gain experience the same way a player does.  I really like these three guys, not only are they good coaches that are going to continue to get better and better, they are really good men.  It is no coincidence that they have made great strides in a short time, those three men practically live at that field house.

The coaches really need to schedule teams with really good offenses for scrimmages during pre-season camp. The defense gave up way too many big plays last year. There was no excuse for it.

Catholic is scrimmaging at William Blount on the 15th.  The Irish had a good offense last year they were a TD away from making state.

Catholic is scrimmaging at William Blount on the 15th.  The Irish had a good offense last year they were a TD away from making state.

How many starters did they return from last years offense?  They seemed to peak at the right time last year and were really good the last 5 or 6 games.  Someone said earlier in this thread that they beat West in an earlier spring scrimmage.  I'm anxious to see the scrimmage tomorrow, hopefully the weather forecast changes between now and then.

How many starters did they return from last years offense?  They seemed to peak at the right time last year and were really good the last 5 or 6 games.  Someone said earlier in this thread that they beat West in an earlier spring scrimmage.  I'm anxious to see the scrimmage tomorrow, hopefully the weather forecast changes between now and then.

Catholic returns 7 starters.  They also return 2 players that were injured that did start games.  On defense they return 8 starters.  Catholic's ones did out score West's ones.  I think it was 3 scores to 1.  The rest of the scrimmage was second and third string playing.

Edited by QSouth89