Who will be the next Head Coach at Knox Central

Vols1234

Good for Matt. Happy to hear that he ans Stacy are doing well at kings Academy. Point about central. Helton won games but was let go because of classroom issues which only came up when he had Couple of bad seasons. Hassel as far as I know was an outstanding classroom teacher but couldn't win games. Point is Knox co administrators can't have your cake and eat it too. HTV who u think would be leading candidates. You seemed to be well informed.

I think a couple of those you mention will be on the "wish list".  Obviously the Prices are a hot commodity right now.  Question is that with the success they have had at CC, what will CC do to keep them and give them an opportunity to keep that success going?  Honestly, I don't see them leaving CC right now. 

Rang is intriguing.  He has proved himself a good coach in 3AAA, and he has a tremendous upside.  Even though he is good to go from a teaching credential standpoint it will be interesting to see if he becomes a candidate after his previous stint with Knox County Schools.  Derek is a friend.  I want to see him get another opportunity because I believe he will bring a school somewhere a ton of positives both as a football coach and as a math teacher.  

Not really sure who else will apply just yet.  Central is a good job.  There should be no shortage of strong and qualified candidates, but as I said I expect the pattern of hiring young to continue.   That just seems to be Knox County's MO right now. 

In my opinion Knox co Administrators hire young guys they can control. They don't want strong personalities who may interfere with their authority. Aka coach Helton. Joe wasn't ready to be a head coach. Not sure he even had coordinator experience. Not sure Tobi is ready although had issues beyond his control. So I agree young guy. Guy from union co fits the discription. Plus has head coaching experience

Miss the days when Central was a power to be dealt with. Not sure if moving school lines and where kids go to school had anything to do with the program going to pot or not. I do know the Central fans were great fans and deserve better than what I've seen in the past couple of years. I do know if that happened in Maryville someone would get run out of town on a rail real fast.

Why did He resign? They were in the Playoffs last season.

News to me. Maryville had a hard time with L.C. but the Rebels had a bunch that were sick that night but they did play tough then the next thing I hear is Heritage coming close to beating them. I think he did a great job down there and built that program to a respectable level. hate hearing this news.

News to me. Maryville had a hard time with L.C. but the Rebels had a bunch that were sick that night but they did play tough then the next thing I hear is Heritage coming close to beating them. I think he did a great job down there and built that program to a respectable level. hate hearing this news.

Knew Mike when he was at Greeneville...good man.