Maryville plays Morristown-East in the 2nd round of the Playoffs

BigDave1967

Geez guys , lot of "Glass half Empty " going on around here , At Maryville we should have less to complain about than any other team in the State . Let's get over all the getting a microscope out to find something to complain about and get on with Morristown East , we can whine about all this other crap in the off season . GO REBELS !

Winning always will be fun for me. I love the way Maryville has been playing the last 15 years. I also know it will come to an end one day. George Quarles and his staff won't be there forever. It makes sense to go watch good football. I am old enough to remember the 70s. I remember watching the 76 and 78 teams. I remember how good Maryville was during the days Ted Wilson was head coach. Wilson had great assistants like Don Story,Lynn Brown and Mark Humphrey. When Wilson,Story and Brown left Maryville, The Rebel program slipped big time.

Winning beats the crap out of losing. I won't take the Maryville success for granted because of what happened to my other favorite football team. I love the Tennessee Vols as much if not more than Maryville. These days I enjoy Maryville football way more than UT Football. Maryville winning State Titles will never get old for me.

And then we will all just dry up and blow away...

Geez guys , lot of "Glass half Empty " going on around here , At Maryville we should have less to complain about than any other team in the State . Let's get over all the getting a microscope out to find something to complain about and get on with Morristown East , we can whine about all this other crap in the off season . GO REBELS !

Or Peppy, they could come join us in DISTRICT 3AAA!😄

Were you at the game Friday?  I came up and talked with several of the Coach T crowd, looked for you and didn't see you. 

Haven't missed a game since 1997.  I don't sit to close to that Coach T loud crowd.  Too rowdy for me.  My folks sit on row 16, seats 31-36.  Been there since about 1983ish.  Come see me!

Edited by OldRebel2

You maybe right about Maryville beating us, whats so bad about that. Maryville has just about beating everyone that has got in their way.Morristown East is going to enjoy their chance vs Maryville, We have alot of players that will be back next year,what better way then play the best and see how you do.

I hope you can come to the game Friday night, If your not a Maryville fan,  we could use all the help we can get.

I am not a Maryville fan but, GO REBELS !

Come onn now OR2......Maybee ewe wood prefer tha PA feller thait thay haiv att Farrah-Gut.....He souwnded like Samson's gurlfriend "Dee-lie-lah" thait momma puts on tha ray-deo att nite two maik hur go two sleep...... :rolleyes:

It's the volume I don't like.  Farragut's speakers were so bad, I speculate that they must have had lots of the neighborhood folks complaining about the noise.  The neighborhood must have complained about the bright lights on the scoreboard too cause the lights were awful dim.

It's the volume I don't like.  Farragut's speakers were so bad, I speculate that they must have had lots of the neighborhood folks complaining about the noise.  The neighborhood must have complained about the bright lights on the scoreboard too cause the lights were awful dim.

I can't hear the loudspeaker when Starz hollers ... course they probably hear Starz down at William Blount when he gets Farred up !!

Maryville has never played Morristown-Hamblen High School East under it's present name. Maryville has played the Morristown High School Golden Hurricane. For those that like history:

MHS     6     Morristown     26
MHS     0     Morristown     20
MHS     7     Morristown     6
MHS     0     Morristown     14
MHS     7     Morristown     20
MHS     7     Morristown     20
MHS     0     Morristown     7