Humboldt Vikings @ Dresden Lions ((Let's Get it On!))

Wow! You guys have been busy. Just got back from delivery in texas. Left Saturday morning, so I did not get to comment on Friday's game. Been to almost all Humboldt games since I moved to Humboldt 10 years ago (Missed a few because I drive a truck). I have been critical of the turnovers and sloppy play. Some of you commented that Coach Reid will "open it up" and throw the ball more. The power I is the BEST option he has. He has three phenomenal players back there that can all score. Running it controls the clock and keeps the defense off the field. Humboldt can still throw from under center. Anybody that has watched Montague for the past several years knows that he best when rolling and throwing on the run. Then you can jump back to spread for a change of pace. There are several people that sit in the stands right above me that complain that the offense if "boring" when the team is eating the clock and making 1st downs. It is almost like they would rather be flashy and lose than have a smart game plan. I thought the coaching staff had a great plan Friday night. No team in the decade that I have been following Humboldt football has been successful unless they could line up and pound the other team when they needed to. This was true when adrian donald, shamari johnson, EJ epperson and keith wardlow were here. It was true when quan campbell, KJ montague and jason barker were here. It was true when ryeon wedley, david wilson and CC Moody were here. And it is true now. I could be wrong. It could be because I was on those JCM teams in the 70's that ran with power, but I think that you must dominate at the line to beat Dresden and Union City. GO VIKINGS! 

I say 28-13 Humboldt!

Too long. Didn't read

Well, the last time these two (2) teams played (2011) Dresden came to Humboldt & left with a 22-21 victory & made it to the state championship game. I'm sure the seniors would love to return the favor & get a win at Dresden which is not going to be a easy task but can be done. Vikings need to play smart & hard, leave it all on the field & that's all that the coaches/fans can ask for!!!

In other news lake county did not have two back rush for 130 so whoever came up with that crazy assumption should check their stats and they should watch out for #9 and 20# they are some headhunters I'm taking humboldt with this win

Yes, LC did have two backs over 130 apiece. You need to go check your stats. I have been trying to stay out of this. Humboldt has a good team if they limit turnovers they may win the game Friday night. I still pick Dresden at home. It really does not matter what LC had they lost. The point was the Humboldt defense can be run on.

Edited by lakecountyfalconfan

Oh bull Yso. You know Dresden took the day off because of the cold. Them lion coaches are too soft for that cold stuff. Bet they even have wimpy heaters in their blinds. Lol

I didn't say I saw the coaches. Figured they all were suspended for Humboldt week. Should've known they were enjoying the heat somewhere.

Still think we sneek Deberry into a Lion's uniform and turn him loose. No one could catch him yesterday in practice. I'm not sure anyone in this area could catch him and he's getting old like the rest of us. Would've like to seen him play at Bethel or his high school in Jackson. 

Ready for Friday to arrive!!!!!! Posse better bring it this week.