Henry Co. vs. Memphis East. Round 2

SEC1rules

I second that. Henry County has a great atmosphere, at least it did that night. I would hope it is like that at every game. Lots has changed in Gallatin since 86' but it was said back then that opponents were down 14 points before they ever stepped on the field. Miss those days!! However, I believe excitement is coming back for Gtown. I thought Hartsville had a great atmosphere too. Not many of those type places left. Enjoy it and good luck this week.

I remember that night in '09, was a fun night - except for HC losing! I also remember back in '86 that it was a rainy night, nasty out. At halftime, we came out of the locker room still wet and dirty. Gallatin came out looking clean and had what looked like new shoes with 3 inch cleats on them to combat the muddy conditions. Amazing! But I agree with you that back then, you seemed to be down by 14 before you ever hit the field.

I don't know if I could say that about Henry County now, but I do know that many of us who played back then and are huge fans now try hard to make it an atmosphere that was like that back then. Man I love high school football - nothing else like it!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember that night in '09, was a fun night - except for HC losing! I also remember back in '86 that it was a rainy night, nasty out. At halftime, we came out of the locker room still wet and dirty. Gallatin came out looking clean and had what looked like new shoes with 3 inch cleats on them to combat the muddy conditions. Amazing! But I agree with you that back then, you seemed to be down by 14 before you ever hit the field.

I don't know if I could say that about Henry County now, but I do know that many of us who played back then and are huge fans now try hard to make it an atmosphere that was like that back then. Man I love high school football - nothing else like it!

Ahh, yes. The change of uniforms... classic. Also, '09, seems Gallatin entered as underdogs. I remember our QB being chased scrabbling 10 yards back and toward the sideline on a 3rd down play only to find a wide open RB streaking down the sideline for a roughly 65 yard TD toss taking all the momentum. Then the kickoff went through the uprights.

Anyhow, HC wins a championship 2 years later and has a great opportunity to do so again this year. Pulling for HC in this one.

Good luck and hope we have the opportunity to play this year!  

Several things

First..Do not look for a very big crowd from East to make their way to Henry County. They played Millington in the first round and had a very small crowd considering they only had about a 22 mile drive. The stadium should be dominated by a huge crowd from Henry that will be loud and vocal! If you don't think that will be intimidating and have no effect, you are dead wrong...May not be huge but will be a plus for HC!

Someone mentioned that East would get beat by a more disciplined HC team.. Can't disagree here.. East had a number of costly penalities at Millington that stopped drives and also let Millington keep possession several times. East was in the Red Zone twice when penalities, holding, false starts, illegal motion, etc  moved them out of scoring position which allowed Millington to hang in despite an obvious mismatch with personnel.

Looking at the bracket with the winner playing either Ridgeway or Melrose, I honestly think that HC would beat either one. I'm also of the opinion that should East win, they would lose to either two based on what I saw at our game. Could be wrong bu don't think so.

visionaire:

Yes, we played a sloppy game versus Millington. This is what kept the game close. This is not a fashion show though. Those kids just find a way to win. We beat both Melrose and Ridgeway already, by double digits. One thing I can say, these players don't get shaken when adversity strikes. They have been responding all year. It's game day. We will find out in a few hours. Good luck to both teams!

Go Mustangs!

Good morning Henryland.....I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!  HC ROLLS in this one.....HC 47-East 20....I AM THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's Gameday Yanker! Yes, right on brother!!! I hope you are SPOT on with this one!!! About to start the tailgating process, looking forward to a good time tonight!!!

Let's Get it ON!!!

Go Big RED!!!

Good morning Henryland.....I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!  HC ROLLS in this one.....HC 47-East 20....I AM THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever the outcome of this game becomes. I'm fairly confident that HC will not put 47 on the East 'D'. That you can take to the bank.

How's the weather in Paris? It's nasty outside here in Memphis.

Whatever the outcome of this game becomes. I'm fairly confident that HC will not put 47 on the East 'D'. That you can take to the bank.

How's the weather in Paris? It's nasty outside here in Memphis.

Game time temperature predicted to be upper 70s and remain so through the remainder of the game and a 3 mph Southerly wind.  No reason whatsoever to bring any extra fluids nor extra clothing.  Refreshments will be provided as well.