Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

It's not as simple as many people think.  The head coach for a sport must be totally involved in every aspect of their program, including the things administrators and board members "should" be dealing with.  There must be one person driving the ship (sorry) or the central vision and goals of the program won't be reached.

Someone said: "It takes Money to do anything.Duh!" Very astute comment. And absolutely accurate.

I wonder where we might find a motivated fundraiser? One who is willing to talk to anyone and everyone. One who may have plans to discuss the issues with some very wealthy alumni. Just wondering out loud. Or do we have that person in place already?

isn't the guy who owns DISH an Oak Ridge guy?

I'm not a coach so I don't worry about facilities.

Are you saying you don't care about Blankenship Field and only coaches care or worry about it? Is that also true of Neyland Stadium? If you do then you're wrong. Most Oak Ridgers I know are proud of our new arena, our new school, and we've always been proud of Blankenship. But as Blankenship deteriorates a lot of people i know are worried about it, and none of us are coaches. You're a strange guy BR. I've never known a person who had no care, or concern about his own school's facilities.

Are you saying you don't care about Blankenship Field and only coaches care or worry about it? Is that also true of Neyland Stadium? If you do then you're wrong. Most Oak Ridgers I know are proud of our new arena, our new school, and we've always been proud of Blankenship. But as Blankenship deteriorates a lot of people i know are worried about it, and none of us are coaches. You're a strange guy BR. I've never known a person who had no care, or concern about his own school's facilities.

Would you consider yourself a Normal guy?

Would you consider yourself a Normal guy?

Yes but you may not me consider normal because we don't think alike. Here's an example of me and a few of my friends recently. We heard about the bleachers and what the city manager said and it bothered us. We realize that there are some money hurdles to clear but we all hope the bleachers are replaced before next season because we do NOT want the quality of our stadium to be diminished. I'm sure that is NOT normal in your eyes because you disagree with that line of thinking, but I think we are pretty normal.

I see. Well- Try complaining about it and see what happens.

I don't see that in my plans. I'm not sure who I would complain to anyway. I may go to a booster meeting and voice my opinion but I rarely attend those anyway. I'll probably sit back and do nothing like you. The difference is that I'll hope our stadium isn't allowed to deteriorate without repair, while you will be hoping for the total demise of a once great stadium. And you'll chastise those of us who hope for the best. You must be a very unhappy man/woman. I hope you experience some happiness in whatever remaining remaining years that you have.

isn't the guy who owns DISH an Oak Ridge guy?

That is correct. Basketball player, class president in 1971. Who knows how he might help? Not counting on it, but you never know.

How does "Blankenship Field at Jack Armstrong Stadium within the Dish Network Athletic Complex" sound?

Edited by OR nole