Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

Just a thought by an old man but I'm sure that Joe Gaddis and his staff know everything about this young man. Coaches talk among each other and will tell all on problem players. Especially if the kid is moving to another school. All you gotta do is call the other coach and ask. Just saying!

Plus if he works out in football, we could sure use in basketball.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

I've been watching this topic and I'm for giving kids a second chance but lets admit it, the only reason anyone wants to give the Middleton kid a second chance is because he may be able to help the team. He's been kicked off Powell's football team twice, basketball once, and even his AAU team last summer.  His mom showed up at Fulton last year trying to enroll him there and they sent her packing.  So how many chances does he get. 

With that being said, Joe will do anything to win and he's not always been the most strict disciplinarian.  Ask the kids what happened to the kid who took off his uniform and quit on him in the middle of a game last year.  That same kid was kicked of the basketball team, so tell me what did he learn from Joe letting him back on?  

I said I was going to take a wait and see attitude about his second go around, but from what I've been hearing from some people close to the program, some of his decisions haven't been solely based on putting the best athletes in the best positions to win, but more importantly to secure his place in Oak Ridge history and funds for a new stadium.    

I've been watching this topic and I'm for giving kids a second chance but lets admit it, the only reason anyone wants to give the Middleton kid a second chance is because he may be able to help the team. He's been kicked off Powell's football team twice, basketball once, and even his AAU team last summer.  His mom showed up at Fulton last year trying to enroll him there and they sent her packing.  So how many chances does he get. 

With that being said, Joe will do anything to win and he's not always been the most strict disciplinarian.  Ask the kids what happened to the kid who took off his uniform and quit on him in the middle of a game last year.  That same kid was kicked of the basketball team, so tell me what did he learn from Joe letting him back on?  

I said I was going to take a wait and see attitude about his second go around, but from what I've been hearing from some people close to the program, some of his decisions haven't been solely based on putting the best athletes in the best positions to win, but more importantly to secure his place in Oak Ridge history and funds for a new stadium.    

That same kid is back on the basketball team. I guess Green is worried about his place in OR basketball history and having the arena named after him. What a joke!

That same kid is back on the basketball team. I guess Green is worried about his place in OR basketball history and having the arena named after him. What a joke!

The joke is people getting on here with bleeding hearts saying why certain kids deserve second chances.  If those kids weren't good athletes you wouldn't be having this discussion. 

As for Green, I'll give him credit, he at least had the gumption to kick the kid off for the remainder of the season. 

Edited by Catswatch

The joke is people getting on here with bleeding hearts saying why certain kids deserve second chances.  If those kids weren't good athletes you wouldn't be having this discussion. 

As for Green, I'll give him credit, he at least had the gumption to kick the kid off for the remainder of the season. 

Of course, but do you think Green would've done the same to Merrian or Jaylin Henderson? Doubtful. The kid being mentioned wasn't even a very big contributor to the basketball team before he was kicked off, so your point is moot.

His place in OR football history was secure before he came back. In fact, if his place in OR football history is why he came back, then he shouldn't have returned because by coming back he took something that was already secure, and put it at risk.

You're right, because nobody would even care. Who's to say this hasn't happened before with a much lesser athlete but it was under the radar because nobody gave a da#*.  Green probably kicked him off so could secure his place in OR Basketball history and get the arena named after him.

Of course, but do you think Green would've done the same to Merrian or Jaylin Henderson? Doubtful. The kid being mentioned wasn't even a very big contributor to the basketball team before he was kicked off, so your point is moot.

I agree. The kid in question according to team members parents that I know was given MANY chances by Green and finally he got tired of giving him chances.