Who takes over at Chatt Central?

tistheseason

Lol so your gonna hire guys to be your assistant that applied for your job? Not smart. Cut them loose and start with your people build from ground up.

Easier said than done, that has been the problem with Central and a lot of the other programs in Hamilton County. Many of the coaches in the area are just simply volunteers that have other jobs that takes priority over coaching football which is understandable when you have a family to support and not getting paid to coach. Many volunteers have little coaching experience, very little to loose, win or loose, and are not in building to help head coach with everyday task that are preformed that most of you will never know about. Then people,wonder why Hamilton county schools don't win state championships in football. just keep blaming it on head coach and keep hiring teachers that leave at 2:15 when the bell rings. Too be honest the only reason a lot of head coaches coach in Hamilton County is because it pays better than most schools in the state. A teacher that just teaches in Hamilton co. Makes more than what most head coaches make in other county's including their coaching supplement. I know more than one head coach that has left Central because they could not get any quality help. Central is not just the only place in Hamilton county that that is happening to. Think about it, look at the turnover in the last 10 years in Hamilton co.

So, I guess what I am trying to say, yea it would be nice to come in bring your own staff, and in most high schools that is not going to happen, but in Hamilton county that is probably never going to happen. If I am wrong please someone come on here and correct me.

Edited by possum

To be honest all I know about Braswell is what I have been told from Folks that were with him at Soddy and East Ridge. He may be the best coach in chattanooga but from what the folks that have worked with him coaching wise have had nothing good to say about the guy. Had that been from one or two I would have probably discredited it but Several have voiced the same opinion. He was let go at Soddy after a couple games into the season so for something that drastic to happen something pretty significant had to happen. And if you no Kevin Orr he probably didn't just up and fire the guy for cause it had to be something g over his head. I'm not gonna speculate cause I don't know the fellow but it didn't work out for him at Soddy or east Ridge ask those folks why

well i for one will trust and support Coach Ware.  If there is a problem hopefully he will correct it.  this man has coached at all levels and i am sure has come across unscrupulous characters in his time.  I will trust he will take care of business.  At this point there is no need to get all worked up about the rumor mill.  Let's let the guy meet his staff and coach a game or two before we start calling for heads.

Good luck Central I hope them all the best. If they land Mr. Ware that would be awesome for everyone involved. The assistants mentioned other than Carter an Cook a joke. But I guess you have to learn the hard way. At least he can coach these fellows up to what he wants I suppose, the only bright spot I see with hiring these guys

I know Braswelll well, and talked to Coach Orr before he was let go. This just goes back to the volunteer thing I was talking about., most teachers know where the line is. Braswelll is a good coach and the kids like him, he just needs to be kept on the line. If he was coaching college ball he would be fine. Mistakes are just that and we all make them, thing is just don't keep making the same ones.

Guys Braswell  is the defensive coordinator at Murray County high school in Georgia. He has been on that staff I believe for 2 years. Seems the defensive side did improve down there. As I said he has been down there for 2 years. 

Anyway who knows now who the assistants right now are speculating. I believe the head coach would have some say in the matter. Just my thinking. He should have.