That McCurry mans fieldhouse

Roy Dillard

You are missing the point.. Are you implying that this should be a teaching point to the players that you shouldn't vandalize, steal, cheat, etc.?  This isn't college man.  As a college player you have the choice to play for a coach that is hands off and stretches rules at all time (Kiffin) or a coach that is known as a straight laced moral coach (Richt)... In high school, obviuosly you don't.  These are two random examples, but hopefully you understand where I'm going.

To group the coaches and players together is absurd when you try to make the coaches out to be teammates or members of the team. These coaches are members of the program. I've told every kid I have ever coached that I can't go out there and make the plays for them. This isn't something like the Trezvant football team, or the baseball teams out in Memphis clearing the benches and the TSSAA hammering them.  These are the actions of adults.

I believe the appropriate punishment would be to fire everyone associated with this incident, and fine the absolute crap out of Marion County. 

No, not a teaching point, but as I previously stated that as a player you should know normal from abnormal and when Hale showed up they should of red flagged it and told their parents...I don't want to see them forfeit but if they do have to, this is the message that has to be told to them if you know something is not right and you dont say something then you too must suffer the consenquences

No, not a teaching point, but as I previously stated that as a player you should know normal from abnormal and when Hale showed up they should of red flagged it and told their parents...I don't want to see them forfeit but if they do have to, this is the message that has to be told to them if you know something is not right and you dont say something then you too must suffer the consenquences

Most kids likely had no idea that was a TSSAA violation.  Can't penalize the kids for ignorance.  They are kids.

I know one Coach i so hope wasnt involved!!

If you are talking about who I think you are, he was mentored by Sam Brooks at one time and expect him to have superior ethics. 

As far has Starkey and Hale are concerned, well, to  I am highly disappointed in them is an understatement.

Edited by rlh

Most kids likely had no idea that was a TSSAA violation.  Can't penalize the kids for ignorance.  They are kids.

The problem is that while most may not have, some would have read the By Laws etc.  That said, I hope for the players, that Jasper gets out of this with only 2 or 3 years of probation.  Certifications should be pulled for the coaches and that Childress man should notify Alabama about the McKrylon man and his involvement at Signal and Jasper.

Edited by rlh

The problem is that while most may not have, some would have read the By Laws etc.  That said, I hope for the players, that Jasper gets out of this with only 2 or 3 years of probation.  Certifications should be pulled for the coaches and that Childress man should notify Alabama about the McKrylon man and his involvement at Signal and Jasper.

Do you really believe the kids read the bylaws? I would be willing to bet that there isn't a single kid on that team that knew it was illegal.  They may have THOUGHT something was wrong with it...but I doubt they KNEW it was a major TSSAA violation and could result in penalty to the program.  Don't put this on the kids...

Wow!!I just got thru reading all these comments..It's just like a divorce. The kids are the one's that get hurt..BUT your telling me that the players knew of a college player practicing with them and said nothing to there parents that should have then went to the school board from the start? It's really a sad day for the Jasper program..

Do you really believe the kids read the bylaws? I would be willing to bet that there isn't a single kid on that team that knew it was illegal.  They may have THOUGHT something was wrong with it...but I doubt they KNEW it was a major TSSAA violation and could result in penalty to the program.  Don't put this on the kids...

Try learning to read.  If you look, I said most would not, but that some would.  I didn't put it on the kids.  However, bringing in college kids to suit up at practice is something that would have got the attention of someone.  Practice was tainted.  It is one step removed from playing a ringer.

P.S.  I hope Jasper comes out o.k. in this in the future and wish the kids well and hope the learn something positive form this situation.  As I said in another post, I don't want to see Jasper lose their program. 

Edited by rlh

IMO this is a horrible thing to happen to such a rich tradition football community. I do not think Marion should lose there football just because some ignorant coaches done things like this. Fire all the coaches and find a interim for Friday night. The players are innocent IMO! I hate that this has happened to my high school and honestly hope they get what they deserve. I'm ashamed of the things that were said and done!

+1.........Well said.  Much respect to you, your brother and family.  Good luck.  I hate this.

Had the administration done its due diligence in the hiring of the Head Coach (or would not have ignored what everyone told them), this would have never happened. 

Play with snakes. Get bit. 

Ashamed for the kids, Punish the coaches to the fullest extent of the law and NEVER allow them to coach in the state of TN again. NEVER allow them to be around kids.