Upperman host ND

I'm liking what I'm hearing. I hope all UH fans and players share your thoughts.

Play the game but to me Coalfield game just proves you guys can't play with a true 3A playoff team. How is ND depth, how could a 3A team not completely wear down a very small single A. In the U and Gordonsville game, Gordonsville guys had their hands on their hip and bending over gasping for air by late second quarter. Regardless how good Coalfield is a 3A team should wear down a single A team every time, UNLESS the three A team is not deep or not very good.

Hate to break it to you but not a Upperman fan, don't support Upperman and have not been to a game all year. Just keep up with high school teams and have looked at both teams pretty close the last few days.

Guest Termite

I just hope the crowd can be as loud as they would be on the home field!! Even though the stadium is in cookeville only 10 min away there will still be some differences for the kids. I only live 2 min from tech and my kids go to baxter so it will be more convenient for me I just hope it doesn't bother the players!

Beings there has been some discussion on here about Alcoa. I 'm a little curious. IF daddymac lives 2 minutes from Tech, that mean he lives about 5-10 minutes from Cookville high school a lot, closer than Upperman. Doesn't that make Putnam...........OPEN ZONE???? Just asking.

“They’re probably not as athletic as Tyner was across the boardâ€. “They get after you pretty good. But we’ve seen some things on film that make us feel like we can match up with them. We think we have some pretty good offense.â€

Tyner learned that lesson last Friday.

York enters this week’s matchup with 2,271 rushing yards and 33 touchdowns, as well as 2,188 passing yards and 34 touchdowns. Austin Butler, though his production has seen a drop in recent weeks, has rushed for 1,245 yards and 12 touchdowns. Robert Stephenson and Jason Jones have been the top receivers, with Stephenson accumulating 1,090 yards and 16 touchdowns on 57 catches, while Jones has 628 yards and nine touchdowns on 37 catches.

In comparison, the Bees have rushed for 4,067 yards this season and allowed 1,521 on the ground, with 53 rushing scores to 22 allowed. In the air, UHS has collected 2,364 yards to its opponents’ 1,203, throwing for 37 touchdowns, while giving up just seven passing touchdowns.

Beings there has been some discussion on here about Alcoa. I 'm a little curious. IF daddymac lives 2 minutes from Tech, that mean he lives about 5-10 minutes from Cookville high school a lot, closer than Upperman. Doesn't that make Putnam...........OPEN ZONE???? Just asking.

You are correct. Putnam high schools are open zoned. Anyone in Putnam county can attend any of the three high schools but you must reside in Putnam county to attend any school here. There is no provision for out of county residents to pay tuition and attend school here.

It is open zone.

“They’re probably not as athletic as Tyner was across the boardâ€. “They get after you pretty good. But we’ve seen some things on film that make us feel like we can match up with them. We think we have some pretty good offense.â€

Tyner learned that lesson last Friday.

York enters this week’s matchup with 2,271 rushing yards and 33 touchdowns, as well as 2,188 passing yards and 34 touchdowns. Austin Butler, though his production has seen a drop in recent weeks, has rushed for 1,245 yards and 12 touchdowns. Robert Stephenson and Jason Jones have been the top receivers, with Stephenson accumulating 1,090 yards and 16 touchdowns on 57 catches, while Jones has 628 yards and nine touchdowns on 37 catches.

In comparison, the Bees have rushed for 4,067 yards this season and allowed 1,521 on the ground, with 53 rushing scores to 22 allowed. In the air, UHS has collected 2,364 yards to its opponents’ 1,203, throwing for 37 touchdowns, while giving up just seven passing touchdowns.

I feel like I'm in ground hog day...lol.

You are correct. Putnam high schools are open zoned. Anyone in Putnam county can attend any of the three high schools but you must reside in Putnam county to attend any school here. There is no provision for out of county residents to pay tuition and attend school here.

Bingo...no porvision for out of county residents to attend!

Guest Termite

There is no doubt Upper is an ok football team. Even with a powderpuff schedule it is hard to run the table. As far as film goes I'm not impressed with the U at all. How do you call yourself a football program when u can't field a defense. If your qb is so good you should start him at linebacker. Maybe he can stop someone. Do you all have a defensive coordinator ? A d-line coach? Defensive backs coach ? Any defensive coaching at all ? You should be ashamed to call yourself a football program.

Don't know.....haven't needed them yet.LOL

Oh yeah and trickster ur a top notch fan that can't read either. I said it don't matter how good a coach is if your athletes aren't up to par.. the players play not coaches. Coaches call plays but they don't execute them. So as far as you would like to believe as good as your coach is and says that's the reason you guys will win Friday night you better tell him to get his shoulder pads on get him out there and tell him to hit somebody. Because obviously you don't have to much confidence in your players if your depending on your coaching to win the game. Lol at nd incompetent fans!!

Oh yeah and trickster ur a top notch fan that can't read either. I said it don't matter how good a coach is if your athletes aren't up to par.. the players play not coaches. Coaches call plays but they don't execute them. So as far as you would like to believe as good as your coach is and says that's the reason you guys will win Friday night you better tell him to get his shoulder pads on get him out there and tell him to hit somebody. Because obviously you don't have to much confidence in your players if your depending on your coaching to win the game. Lol at nd incompetent fans!!

+1