Upperman host ND

It was but the one thing that stood out both of those years was 10-0.9-1.8-2 seasons but no success in the playoffs. For a district to be considered strong and say powerhouse they have to have success in the playoffs. I could be wrong but I don't think any team in district made it past the second round the last two years.

Must be stronger this year then...lol.

Last year was special. La and DC were legit. LA group of seniors just had our groups number and couldn't get over that hump. La was put out in the third round by Fulton. Eventual state champs. An la hung with them til late. Fulton brought back those same kids and look at them again this year.

LA had huge guys last season. One problem with LA and DC is they move up to 4A after playing mostly 3A teams, really not fair to any team that has to move up for playoffs when their district is in a lower class.

LA had huge guys last season. One problem with LA and DC is they move up to 4A after playing mostly 3A teams, really not fair to any team that has to move up for playoffs when their district is in a lower class.

Nah...really not fair for 3a teams to be in same district with 4a teams. You can play all 6a or DII teams in non district games if you want. Your argument doesn't fly.

Yes that is correct TSSAA agreed to move it to Thursday night but of course nd didn't want to move it up a day and declined. I guess their great coach figured their great and awesome and powerful players needed that extra day to practice for the lonely little ole bees with not a lick of talent oh yes I forgot that great lack of coaching. Lol that's funny

Nah...really not fair for 3a teams to be in same district with 4a teams. You can play all 6a or DII teams in non district games if you want. Your argument doesn't fly.

I agree with that but I also think if a district has four 3A and three 4A come playoff time the 3A teams could be more ready for it than the 4A teams. Remember, losing to higher class teams in your district does not knock you out of the playoffs. A lot of times It comes down to a team non district wins and losses.

I agree with that but I also think if a district has four 3A and three 4A come playoff time the 3A teams could be more ready for it than the 4A teams. Remember, losing to higher class teams in your district does not knock you out of the playoffs. A lot of times It comes down to a team non district wins and losses.

Yeah...losing to higher class in your district can knock you out of the playoffs. Who told you that?

Yes that is correct TSSAA agreed to move it to Thursday night but of course nd didn't want to move it up a day and declined. I guess their great coach figured their great and awesome and powerful players needed that extra day to practice for the lonely little ole bees with not a lick of talent oh yes I forgot that great lack of coaching. Lol that's funny

Actually, smart move on the ND coaching staff's part if you really think about it.

This statement proofs that you ND fans have no idea what you are talking about. Upperman gave up 49 to Tyner, a game that just turned into a shoot-out. Take the regular season games of both teams Upperman gave up 140 points for an average 14 ppg. ND gave up 111 for an average of 11.1 ppg. Now lets dig a little deeper. Fourth quarter points Upperman gave up 48, ND gave up 22. I assume most of these points were by both teams jv/younger players. Take those points out and ND gave up 89 compared to Upperman 92 a difference of 3 points.

Interesting. In the regular season, ND played 6 teams that were .500 or better and averaged giving up 12.8 ppg; UH played 4 teams and gave up an average 17.5 ppg.

ND played 4 teams under .500 and gave up 8.5 ppg; UH 6 teams and 11.6 ppg.

Here is the biggy. In the playoffs, ND has given up 28 points for an average of 14 ppg; UH has given up 69 for an average of 34.5 ppg.

ND takes this game with strong defensive play.

Interesting. In the regular season, ND played 6 teams that were .500 or better and averaged giving up 12.8 ppg; UH played 4 teams and gave up an average 17.5 ppg.

ND played 4 teams under .500 and gave up 8.5 ppg; UH 6 teams and 11.6 ppg.

Here is the biggy. In the playoffs, ND has given up 28 points for an average of 14 ppg; UH has given up 69 for an average of 34.5 ppg.

ND takes this game with strong defensive play.

Defense wins championship boys.

Yes volahol might have been a smart move to try to slow upperman down but also it slows down your very very very quick team.. kind of a dumb move handicapping themselves if you really think about it!

You are seriously going to say that keeping Uppermans offense off the field and controlling time of posession is a bad strategy? Everyone keeps talking about NDs speed, and yes we have a ton of it, but no one wants to talk about how physical we are. Polk's coach told our coaches that we were the most physical team they played all year.