Upperman host ND

so were do u get the bad defense from? One game verse Tyner with several starters out? 22 rush td and 7 pass td in 12 games. 15 ppg

Just looks like y'all gave up a lot of points to some not very good teams.  I've seen it before with my Eagles.  We have had some bad defenses, but it didn't matter during the season because the offense could outscore the competition. The defense didn't have to work hard in the regular season and didn't get much practice time.  Sooner or later you run into a team that can slow your offensive production and can score on your defense.  Season over. 

I don't put too much stock in the Grundy and Tyner scores.  I figure your defense was sandbagging to get the ball back in the QB's hands to pad his stats.

Just looks like y'all gave up a lot of points to some not very good teams.  I've seen it before with my Eagles.  We have had some bad defenses, but it didn't matter during the season because the offense could outscore the competition. The defense didn't have to work hard in the regular season and didn't get much practice time.  Sooner or later you run into a team that can slow your offensive production and can score on your defense.  Season over. 

I don't put too much stock in the Grundy and Tyner scores.  I figure your defense was sandbagging to get the ball back in the QB's hands to pad his stats.

I am truly enjoying have Troll, at least temporarily, on the side of the Irish.... :mrgreen:

D

This game should provide some insight on how good the U really is. I think the defense will step up to prevent ND from at least gaining the lead while the offense puts up points with relative ease. I feel like ND will focus too much on York allowing the rest of the offense to excel.

Edited by JohnnyRay

In High School, if teams are halfway equal, and I think they are,the team that has that one special player most of the time wins. Same thing with CAk and Alcoa. Both teams were good, but Charlie High wa at a diffrent level and they took both matchups. I say 35-28 or 28-21 UHS.

Wow.......you are saying upperman will beat ND, then Alcoa 35 to 21.

I will be bookmarking this! Great lockeroom material. Classic.

This game should provide some insight on how good the U really is. I think the defense will step up to prevent ND from at least gaining the lead while the offense puts up points with relative ease. I feel like ND will focus too much on York allowing the rest of the offense to excel.

yes....can't forget they had like 4200 yards rushing. York had 2271 and 34 td's. That's 1,929 of other rushers and 19 td's you have to worry about. Not to forget #24,#26,#10,#8,#31,#6,#33 have combined for 37 receiving td's.