Upperman host ND

+1 I can also add this to Herron great accomplishments. His first team meeting he had 19 players. Had almost 40,000 dollars in debt, they barely had 500 home fans to any game went 2-18 the two years before he arrived with the wins coming against Picket County. Now almost out of debt, 60 plus players and so many fans they all can't sit in the stands. Now that is a coaching job.

I can honestly say I know exactly what it's like. Coach trapp took over with debt. Now has it in good financial situation and has got the team new uniforms and a new field house while still in budget. This district will be stronger soon if the coaching stays in place.

Edited by TigerPride23

Guest Termite

I know you're proud of your team and their winning tradition.(lol) I just don't think you realize the power in a good coaching staff and a well balanced team. We are not the biggest team by no means but each and every young man on our team has bought into our coaches mentality. We are an extremelly physical football team. We do have all out speed when needed but I think one thing you haven't listened to is we are quick,very quick. It is rare to find one man making all the tackles alone. We get hats to the football every down and make you pay. Your coaching staff need to worry about fielding another QB if they plan on trying to run him alot because he is going to get hit ALOT!

Baxter probably can't compare to the "winning tradition" of the powerhouse ND with a .500 winning percentage since 2001. LOL.

Not just physical....but EXTREMELY physical? Save your speed until you need it? And not just speed, but ALL OUT speed? Not just quick, but VERY QUICK?? AND ya'll hit too?? ALOT??

Well, that's it Upperman. Ain't no way anybody can compete with that. LOL

I would bet the U suggested...and ND declined.

I've seen ND play but not Upperman...... Have nothing but respect for the coaching staff at ND very classy bunch of coaches.... But I do believe Upperman will overwhelm ND's defense..... If ND did decline that's a mistake on their part because I would have much rather played on a dry field instead of a wet one.... 

I can honesty say I know exactly what it's like. Coach trapp took over with debt. Now has it in good financial situation and has got the team new uniforms and a new field house while still in budget. This district will be stronger soon if the coaching stays in place.

That is what it's all about. SC, DC, LA will be strong next season and Upperman JV went undefeated as well. This could turn into a very strong district.

There is no doubt Upper is an ok football team. Even with a powderpuff schedule it is hard to run the table. As far as film goes I'm not impressed with the U at all. How do you call yourself a football program when u can't field a defense. If your qb is so good you should start him at linebacker. Maybe he can stop someone. Do you all have a defensive coordinator ? A d-line coach? Defensive backs coach ? Any defensive coaching at all ? You should be ashamed to call yourself a football program.

what team is it you coached again? You must be a pretty big football name the way you talk. I would love to know what scheme you would have them run. Because you obviously know so much. I mean anybody that can get online and post about it on the internet is top notch on any coaching list!!

A strong district...look at what quote I answered to.

It was but the one thing that stood out both of those years was 10-0.9-1.8-2 seasons but no success in the playoffs. For a district to be considered strong and say powerhouse they have to have success in the playoffs. I could be wrong but I don't think any team in district made it past the second round the last two years.

Upperman did ask tssaa and Notre Dame for permission to move game to Thursday night before the rain comes. Tssaa said yes but ND said no. Playoff rules say both teams and TSSAA have to agree to a change. Venue change will keep them from playing in a mud pit. Thanks to Tech for the last minute accommodations - class act staff there.