Henry County vs. Ridgeway- Round 3

MSURacer

The winner of this games hosts the semis. Just read the rules after you got my attention. Since y'all are 1 and 2 in quad 4 your winner will host semis over our quads 3 and 7 seed. I was hoping for something called the Maryville rule. Under the old system it was preset and older one used until 93, no team could host a semi if it hadn't travelled to get there. You both have earned the honor of hosting the semis.

OK, so now I'm confused. If you read the rules and made this statement, why are the others saying at Gallatin or NE? It has always been my opinion that if a #1 seed from both quads make it, you should alternate years. But if a #1 makes it and a lower seed makes it, should be the higher seed - otherwise why do you seed?!?!? So what is the official rule? When I tried to get clarification, I couldn't find it...

Why did HC host in 2011 out of quad 4 if this is the case with odd & even years?

It's my understanding that the rule hasn't changed until the last year or so.

Before it changed, the higher seed would always host. And if the two teams were the same seed, then the even/odd quad would be awarded home field in an even/odd year, respectively. After the change, I believe the even quad will host in even years, and the odd quad will host in odd years, regardless of who the higher seed is.

I personally don't agree with it, as I don't think there needs to be a "Maryville rule". If Maryville is the highest remaining seed every year, then they should be able to host every year. That's just my opinion.

1. The first-round games in all classifications shall be played on the 11th Friday of the football season. The second round shall be played on the 12th Friday, the quarterfinals on the 13th Friday, the semifinals on the 14th Friday, and the championship games shall be played on either the following 15th Thursday, Friday or Saturday.

2. In Class 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A and 6A the higher seeded team shall be the host school in the first three rounds of the playoffs. In the semifinal and final rounds, in odd years, the top team in each bracket shall be the host/home team. In even numbered years, the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host/home team. 

This is from the TSSAA website under football regulations. That should clear everything up. 

So are there any Memphis people out there who've actually watched Ridgeway in person lately? How have they looked down the stretch? I know they have a great passing attack, but has their running game improved? I felt like we won the first meeting because they couldn't do much against us on the ground, and we were able to force them into some mistakes through the air as a result.

HC's defense has played extremely well for the most part so far in the playoffs, and we'll definitely need that to continue if we want to advance.

1. The first-round games in all classifications shall be played on the 11th Friday of the football season. The second round shall be played on the 12th Friday, the quarterfinals on the 13th Friday, the semifinals on the 14th Friday, and the championship games shall be played on either the following 15th Thursday, Friday or Saturday.

2. In Class 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A and 6A the higher seeded team shall be the host school in the first three rounds of the playoffs. In the semifinal and final rounds, in odd years, the top team in each bracket shall be the host/home team. In even numbered years, the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host/home team. 

This is from the TSSAA website under football regulations. That should clear everything up. 

AND that is what I call getting JOBBED!, the right to host a semi-final game should be earned, not be given to someone due to circumstance/chance.....