Westview (9-3) at Lewis County (12-0)

WHSChargerFanatic

Congrats to Lewis County...I thought we were going to pull a pretty good upset there. Your guys made the plays when they needed to. Proud of the Blue/Gold---way to go to their house and give them all they wanted.

Best of luck the rest of the way---your fans and team show class and were very hospitable.

Kudos to your team for the display of sportsmanship after the game too. I saw several Westview and Lewis County players hugging each other and ending a game like it is supposed to be. Leave it on the field between the whistles.

That was the only forward yardage #7 got. He couldn't handle Westview's line.

#7 had 43 yrds tonight my friend and your lucky the field was soaking wet because they where a few times when he made his cuts he fell but I'll give Westview Credit ya 'll gave us all we wanted we just happened to to make more plays than you!

Great win Panthers. Big Congratulations to all of LC.

You guys are going to have a serious test next Friday. I sure hope you pass it! Go Panthers!

That's what I hear swarm. I also hear these coaches are pretty excited bc we match up with CPA better than most would think. The wet sloppy field killed us all night, but that's part of the game. The big play was the same half back pass we always run. It was 3rd and 9 or so on WVs 40. Quarter back tossed it to the running back, and the defense read it all the way. #7 eluded a couple of tacklers but the 3rd grabbed his jersey but he refused to go down, and just as help arrived for the, would be, tackler #7 threw it up, knowing that was the last chance, one of the 2 opposing secondary mightve misread it and it went just out of his reach and our receiver went up and snatched it and fell into the endzone. Hands down, one of the most miraculous catches I've seen in HS football. I'm taking nothing away from either team bc both were where they needed to be at the time, the cards just fell in our favor and I couldn't be happier with the way this game was fought on both sides. LC made the plays the had to have to win the game. This town couldn't be anymore proud of these young men tonight! I'm a young man myself, and I admire the way these guys carry themselves on and off the field. Are they perfect? No, but they are doing their best and that will do a lot for you in life, and it will carry you a long way in the play offs. Hats off to both, but especially these Panthers! Congrats fellas. Edited by LewisCoPanthers

That's what I hear swarm. I also hear these coaches are pretty excited bc we match up with CPA better than most would think. The wet sloppy field killed us all night, but that's part of the game. The big play was the same half back pass we always run. It was 3rd and 9 or so on WVs 40. Quarter back tossed it to the running back, and the defense read it all the way. #7 eluded a couple of tacklers but the 3rd grabbed his jersey but he refused to go down, and just as help arrived for the, would be, tackler #7 threw it up, knowing that was the last chance, one of the 2 opposing secondary mightve misread it and it went just out of his reach and our receiver went up and snatched it and fell into the endzone. Hands down, one of the most miraculous catches I've seen in HS football. I'm taking nothing away from either team bc both were where they needed to be at the time, the cards just fell in our favor and I couldn't be happier with the way this game was fought on both sides. LC made the plays the had to have to win the game. This town couldn't be anymore proud of these young men tonight! I'm a young man myself, and I admire the way these guys carry themselves on and off the field. Are they perfect? No, but they are doing their best and that will do a lot for you in life, and it will carry you a long way in the play offs. Hats off to both, but especially these Panthers! Congrats fellas.

Great post!

Congratulations to both teams on a hard fought and entertaining game. Wish I could have been there to see it. Lewis County moves on, when you get to where you are now it is about putting yourself in a position to win. The goal line stand was huge, giving yourself a chance. Good luck as you keep moving on. Living a dream from the Rebels of Stewart County.

did you people even watch the game? the inadvertent whistle cost westview the game, plain and simple. Westview recovered the fumble deep in LC territory with 3 mins to go. would of been game over. the new 7 man officiating crew idea is a bust

Really!!! Yea I was there buddy and the boy was down but anyway Westview has nobody to blame but their self! They had 1st goal at the 6 and Lewis co stoped them on 4 plays so quit crying and go get your season ticket for basketball. Edited by alltime