CPA Basketball

bjl1929

...As for not having a system, well I disagree. IMHO more coaches do what others do (they are specifically system coaches) rather than look at their own talent and adjust their game plans to match up to their talent. The other side is that scoring puts butts in seats, it also gets your kids looked at. Not many people are willing to come watch a 40-36 HS boys game these days. Even if you could win that way (and I am not sure you can anymore), your kids, your parents, and everyone else wouldn't be very supportive.

Unless I am misinterpreting your comments, I believe we are basically saying the same thing since "more coaches do what others do rather than look at their own talent and adjust their game plans to match up to their talent."  Or even more importantly develop and execute a game plan when their talent does not match up with their opponent.   

Edited by kbrks

CPA defeats Briarcrest 67-50. Someone who attended the game please give a report. Thanks in advance.

All I know is Allsmiller 19. Blackwell 17. Bonds 11. Manuel 11.

Sounds like 3 ball was falling for Allsmiller.

Just saw the box score like you. Good to see Manuel contributing first game back. Surprised not to see T. Richard in box score.

I'm hearing from a lot of fans that they think CPA is better this season despite losing Lindsey and Coleman Spann. Sounds like Paul Adams won't play and Parker Howell is/was going to have his shoulder scoped again and will be out. Not sure how long.

Manuel, Johnson and hopefully Richard will be the only FB players playing.

The Spann absence is not really an impact with Dreher and Davis both shooting as good as Spann ever did. If Richard and Adams don't play, it will make a difference as they will have no depth inside. Johnson will need to really step up to help inside.

Of course, they run so much, inside play is not as critical as it is for most teams.