CPA Basketball

bjl1929

CPA did not forfeit a single game due to Blackwell playing. He was originally ruled eligible by the TSSAA then ruled ineligible after playing several games. No games were forfeited. It Was not CPA's fault. The TSSAA apologized for their mistake.

They vacated one win due to playing a different kid for 20 seconds at the end of that one game. CPA made a clerical error based on when he was eligible. Kid was a role player. Great kid and family. Played one game early. Played in spots the rest of the season. No other forfeits or vacated wins.

Nothing to hide. I've seen the letter of apology from Bernard Childress on the Blackwell situation. It was the TSSAA ''s mistake. Family and CPA complied with the ruling. Several extenuating circumstances you likely know nothing about.

I'm not going to argue if the rules are right or fair with you. Only that they were followed to the letter.

I just think for folks to insinuate much larger issues or wrongdoing is just wrong but it's a losing battle to post against it. This staff and admin talk directly to the TSSAA before doing anything. They are not intentionally breaking any rules. They made one clerical error that was documented. Their desire is to comply with every rule. I can promise you that.

I don't understand why all the CPA people are being so coy here- "might be off by a year on 1 or 2"-

Richard (he came in 8th grade- if he was there in 7th grade he wasn't playing basketball) he was there in 8th grade.

Bond (he came in 8th grade)

Lindsey (he came in 8th grade)

Allsmiller (he came in 8th grade not 9th- I watched him play MS ball for CPA)

All of them came the same year, from the same AAU team (and that team was coached by????).

Blackwell coming in the 8th grade is a different year, different topic and belongs in the discussion with how Bradshaw, Wharton and Blackwell made it to CPA.  And lets not forget- the only part that didn't work was Blackwell being eligible in the 8th grade year- remember the Station Camp forfeit and the 10 games that he played in during his 8th grade year at CPA before being declared ineligible).

it is a pattern- so far it has worked without any adverse ramifications- but it is a pattern none the less.  

Actually Richard enrolled at CPA for his 6th grade year, but didn’t come to CPA until the 7th grade. 

Bonds – Came in the 8th grade

Lindsey came in the 8th grade & wasn’t going to school in Murfreesboro even if he didn’t come to CPA.

Allsmiller came in the 9th grade, he played 8th at Grassland MS, so you could not have seen him play for CPA in the 8th grade.  He has two older sisters that also went to Grassland MS school and went to another private school in their 9th grade year.  Very similar to what Coach Jeff Fisher decided to do with his daughter and two boys that both played football for CPA starting in the 9th grade.  There are several other families that have done the same thing after their kids finished at Grassland MS.

Yes, they all played on the same AAU team at one time and they were coached by Coach Maddux as well as 8 other coaches in the years that they played.  

You may call it a pattern, and you obviously don’t like it, but nothing illegal.  Just as it wasn’t illegal for the other 20 or so players that played on the same AAU team and went to other schools.

If kids receive financial aid to attend a school like say .....MBA, and they transfer to say.........CPA, how do they come up with the money that can no longer be used from financial aid to pay for tuition, books, uniforms?

I don't know.  Do you know a kid that was on financial aid at MBA & transferred to CPA?  If so, why don't you contact his parents and ask?  Are you assumimg b/c he was at MBA he was on financial aid?  If it's the kid I think you are talking about, I know his parents both have great jobs and can afford either school.

Edited by LookingAround

Actually Richard enrolled at CPA for his 6th grade year, but didn’t come to CPA until the 7th grade. 

Allsmiller came in the 9th grade, he played 8th at Grassland MS, so you could not have seen him play for CPA in the 8th grade.

I stand corrected then on Richard and Allsmiller- it just seems like Allsmiller has been there since the 8th grade- with all the 3 pointers I have seen him hit!

I don't understand why all the CPA people are being so coy here- "might be off by a year on 1 or 2"-

Richard (he came in 8th grade- if he was there in 7th grade he wasn't playing basketball) he was there in 8th grade.

Bond (he came in 8th grade)

Lindsey (he came in 8th grade)

Allsmiller (he came in 8th grade not 9th- I watched him play MS ball for CPA)

All of them came the same year, from the same AAU team (and that team was coached by????).

Blackwell coming in the 8th grade is a different year, different topic and belongs in the discussion with how Bradshaw, Wharton and Blackwell made it to CPA.  And lets not forget- the only part that didn't work was Blackwell being eligible in the 8th grade year- remember the Station Camp forfeit and the 10 games that he played in during his 8th grade year at CPA before being declared ineligible).

it is a pattern- so far it has worked without any adverse ramifications- but it is a pattern none the less.  

This is false.  My son played BB with Jake all thru MS at Grassland.  Jake started CPA as a 9th grader.  Nothing you allege about any of these players is a violation of rules.

CPA did not forfeit a single game due to Blackwell playing. He was originally ruled eligible by the TSSAA then ruled ineligible after playing several games. No games were forfeited. It Was not CPA's fault. The TSSAA apologized for their mistake.

They vacated one win due to playing a different kid for 20 seconds at the end of that one game. CPA made a clerical error based on when he was eligible. Kid was a role player. Great kid and family. Played one game early. Played in spots the rest of the season. No other forfeits or vacated wins.

Correction noted- I was always told that it was Blackwell that played in the Station Camp game- but that was apparently incorrect.

If kids receive financial aid to attend a school like say .....MBA, and they transfer to say.........CPA, how do they come up with the money that can no longer be used from financial aid to pay for tuition, books, uniforms?

Since the tuition at let's say....MBA is twice as much as let's say....CPA, you don't have to come up with as much money to attend CPA.  Nobody get a 100% free ride.  Not at Ensworth or anywhere.

Just happen to notice in the Tennessean that these three players lead their teams to victory on Friday night and they also were part of the same AAU team that the CPA players were a part of:

Collinwood 61, Wayne Co. 40: Logan Montgomery led Collinwood (20-1, 8-0 12-A) with 21 points.

MBA 52, Ensworth 49: Elliott Morrissey had 20 points to lead MBA.

Ravenwood 79, Nashville Central Chr. 77: Matthew Hailey led the Raptors with 21 points

I also saw where the Maplewood AAU team member had 22 earlier this week.

Edited by LookingAround

Wonder is CPA ready for Haywood and South Side this year????

Yes.

CPA has won their 6 games at state the last 2 years by an average of 18.7 points. This year's team is the best the school has ever had. Nobody will sniff a victory from here on out.

Edited by matt610

Just happen to notice in the Tennessean that these three players lead their teams to victory on Friday night and they also were part of the same AAU team that the CPA players were a part of:

Collinwood 61, Wayne Co. 40: Logan Montgomery led Collinwood (20-1, 8-0 12-A) with 21 points.

MBA 52, Ensworth 49: Elliott Morrissey had 20 points to lead MBA.

Ravenwood 79, Nashville Central Chr. 77: Matthew Hailey led the Raptors with 21 points

I also saw where the Maplewood AAU team member had 22 earlier this week.

Question?

I see where you listed 4 players who played on the same team that I assume The CPA players played on . Is this correct?

If correct, then how many of the team played or is now playing at CPA?

If your answer to the previous question is more than one player, then what point are you trying to make by giving stats of other players on the AAU team who EACH PLAY ON A DIFFERENT TEAM!!!

Every time you CPA people try to justify your AAU team as a legit HS program, you dig yourselves deeper. If there was only one player on that team who attends CPA then this would not be the debate it has been for the last 3-4 years. Just like it is not an issue for the 4 teams you mention in your post. They only have ONE player, not several!!!! Why is this so difficult to understand why others feel there is something not exactly right in this situation?