PORTLAND PANTHER FOOTBALL COACH RESIGNS

64NB95

Football is not for whiners. That's why Portland is losing. These kids need great coach like me.

If it does not offend...

I see staff growing to 8-10 coaches if Admin buys in.

Candidates...

Greg Cavanah (Already there)

Hunter Hicks (maybe a better OC)

Chad Perry (maybe Freshman HC as son is at Westmoreland)

Roger Holmes (Interest, but doubt he will apply, makes double in GA) 

Chase Brooks (quickly backed off)

Phillip Sanders (not happening)

chickhot2 (no team is ready for that experience) 

Also, I here a Lebanon and a Smyrna assistant have applied.

Good luck!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• So if Phillip Sanders isn't happening, could we maybe get Gary Sanders?

• The grapevine says there are around 100 applicants from numerous states.  The opening has generated some attention, hopefully the right man will be hired.

• A larger staff would be my first step in rebuilding the program, after hiring the right HC of course.

• None of this matters if they continue to field around 50 players, the numbers of coaches and players need to drastically increase.

• So if Phillip Sanders isn't happening, could we maybe get Gary Sanders?
  • The grapevine says there are around 100 applicants from numerous states. The opening has generated some attention, hopefully the right man will be hired.
  • A larger staff would be my first step in rebuilding the program, after hiring the right HC of course.
  • None of this matters if they continue to field around 50 players, the numbers of coaches and players need to drastically increase.

I would venture to say that to build a staff of 8-10 as previously mentioned, you have to have volunteers and booster money.

There have been a lot of names thrown out that just aren't realistic. I would also venture to say that the 100 number is unrealistic. There may have been that many inquiries, but I just don't believe there are that many people that would honestly be 1) qualified and 2) truly be interested.

To increase the number, you have to change the culture. With the right staff, that will happen. I believe Portland will be competitive in the coming years.

• Volunteers aren't a problem, they already have about 3-4 volunteer assistants.

Money, now that's a problem.

The 100 number is probably unrealistic, but who really knows?  I would say there are probably around 50 applications on the principals desk right now, if I had to guess, many that are unqualified and/or laughable.

Agreed, a culture change is always needed when you aren't successful for a long period of time.

I have accepted a lot about you as well.

I thought I more than less excepted him instead of accepting him lol........now wonder how many will understand that thought lol chick if your not walking around the school this week, sorry your out of the running........Thank the Lord LOL.......I hope everyone understands my humor, my wife doesnt .........