7-aaa offseason thread

Texmex9

They did get better, but until coach A decides to make some changes they will never make it to the big dance. It will be the same old same old as always and they will eventually get down to a 25 man roster. You cant win consistently playing 5 freshman. That is NOT a positive thing. That is why they have a freshman team. They are not ready for big boy ball yet.

Very well said.  Thank you!  Playing five freshmen, who aren't anywhere near ready to play, is NOT a positive thing.

They did get better, but until coach A decides to make some changes they will never make it to the big dance. It will be the same old same old as always and they will eventually get down to a 25 man roster. You cant win consistently playing 5 freshman. That is NOT a positive thing. That is why they have a freshman team. They are not ready for big boy ball yet.

Very well said.  Thank you!  Playing five freshmen, who aren't anywhere near ready to play, is NOT a positive thing.

It is a positive thing when they improve like Riverdale did. Riverdale is never going to resemble anything close to a 25 man roster. Each program hits their rough spots. It happens. Riverdale is no different.

The point I was trying to make was that those freshmen will be experienced sophomores. Something positive to take out the season. Good luck next year.

I agree. What are you expecting from Smyrna? IS Devon Smith going to be able to pick up where Summers left off at TB?

It depends on the O-line. We lost most of them to graduation. Along with our starting and back up qb and top receivers. Looks like the offense is going to get an overhaul. The positive side is that a lot of reserves got significant playing time. We platooned running backs and linemen last year. Hopefully that will pay off. I think Devon is going to be a good back. He Is a tough kid to tackle. But I have concerns on how the season will take a toll on him.

It depends on the O-line. We lost most of them to graduation. Along with our starting and back up qb and top receivers. Looks like the offense is going to get an overhaul. The positive side is that a lot of reserves got significant playing time. We platooned running backs and linemen last year. Hopefully that will pay off. I think Devon is going to be a good back. He Is a tough kid to tackle. But I have concerns on how the season will take a toll on him.

Has Smyrna set a date yet for spring practice?

7AAA, the idea is you are 'supposed' to have your team ready at the BEGINNING of the season.  Winning a couple straight at the end against a  team like Siegel that was missing three of their starters is not saying much for the entire season.  Add to this it is not his FIRST season at R'dale to acquire the losing season like Rankin had his FIRST season at R'dale,.  Comparing A to Rankin is the supreme joke.

Also if so many teams want A then why is he still here?

7AAA, the idea is you are 'supposed' to have your team ready at the BEGINNING of the season.  Winning a couple straight at the end against a  team like Siegel that was missing three of their starters is not saying much for the entire season.  Add to this it is not his FIRST season at R'dale to acquire the losing season like Rankin had his FIRST season at R'dale,.  Comparing A to Rankin is the supreme joke.

Also if so many teams want A then why is he still here?

The goal is also to get better as they year goes on, something Riverdale no doubt did. Why would Aydellot want to willingly leave Riverdale? Its a great job

The goal at Riverdale is to compete for championships. The goal at Riverdale is to get better during the spring. There was a time at Riverdale when you didn't see the field until you were a junior or senior. The future is not bright because you got 5 freshman playing time. this means you either didn't develop the upperclassmen or you have ran half of them off or both.

I'm not worried about the winning or losing. I think Aydelott has a good winning percentage. But, I just don't like how they treat the kids. I promise you if Shadowens or Wyant or Little Man was at Riverdale there would be 100 kids on the team. They might not be as talented as the 93-04 classes, but there is a lot of great talent at Riverdale that can compete with anybody in state. Heck, I could argue that they may have had their best QB ever the last three years, But wasn't used enough last year to have Stats.

What has Aydelott done to scare talent away?