7-aaa offseason thread

Texmex9

Any news on the Aydelott retirement? Are all the other coaches pretty much set for next year?  Anybody wooing McDaniel, Wyant, or Shadowens?

Have been told that with Riverdale's strong start to the end of the season, that Aydellot is on the fence on whether or not to retire. He has the neccessary years to draw a full pension from the state, so it all boils down how strongly  Coach A feels about the potential of this program with Oakland and Blackman currently casting a large shadow over the rest of the district.

As far as the coaching carousel goes, Coach Aydellot pretty much determines whether or not this is one of those years in regards to the coaching carousel. For all their struggles, Riverdale is still a job that many coaches would desperately want (tradition, fanbase, strong upcoming talent). It would take a pretty special situation to pry loose Shadowens or McDaniel from their respective schools, but I THINK Coach Wyant would be an ideal choice, not only among the fanbase, but among people who know football, should Aydellot decide to retire. Be interesting to see if Coach Martin will be interested if any private schools come calling. That being said, I think Coach Martin has a chance to be pretty good by 2015 if he stick around. If he leaves, Blackman OL Coach David Watson and Stewarts Creek DC Jeff Mitchell would be strong candidates.

Have been told that with Riverdale's strong start to the end of the season, that Aydellot is on the fence on whether or not to retire. He has the neccessary years to draw a full pension from the state, so it all boils down how strongly  Coach A feels about the potential of this program with Oakland and Blackman currently casting a large shadow over the rest of the district.

As far as the coaching carousel goes, Coach Aydellot pretty much determines whether or not this is one of those years in regards to the coaching carousel. For all their struggles, Riverdale is still a job that many coaches would desperately want (tradition, fanbase, strong upcoming talent). It would take a pretty special situation to pry loose Shadowens or McDaniel from their respective schools, but I THINK Coach Wyant would be an ideal choice, not only among the fanbase, but among people who know football, should Aydellot decide to retire. Be interesting to see if Coach Martin will be interested if any private schools come calling. That being said, I think Coach Martin has a chance to be pretty good by 2015 if he stick around. If he leaves, Blackman OL Coach David Watson and Stewarts Creek DC Jeff Mitchell would be strong candidates.

I hope LOD's heart can stand up to this post. He will be at wits end trying to figure out how to whine and insult the guy on here to raise the rabble against Aydelott when he said he would not talk about him any more. I guess he will start insulting the program instead, or the principal, or the assistant coaches, or the website, or weight room, or conditioning program, or offense, or defense, or the parking lot, etc. 

I hope LOD's heart can stand up to this post. He will be at wits end trying to figure out how to whine and insult the guy on here to raise the rabble against Aydelott when he said he would not talk about him any more. I guess he will start insulting the program instead, or the principal, or the assistant coaches, or the website, or weight room, or conditioning program, or offense, or defense, or the parking lot, etc.

You're really proud of that 4-6 , do you ever make any posts other than defending adyelotte or putting LOD down ?

I wasn't suggesting someone from Riverdale wooing those top coaches...more wondering about teams outside the league.  McDaniel, Wyant, and Shadowens have built, or rebuilt, the programs their at and have to be pretty attractive candidates for other top jobs.  I don't think any of the other coaches, save maybe the guy at Stewart's Creek, could find a top head coaching job anywhere else.

Shadowens has turned out to be a better coach than I gave him credit for when he was at Smyrna.  Somewhere along the line he learned the value of defense and that's made a huge difference. I'd list him as the district's top coach right now.  It'll be interesting to see which coach can get their program to that next level. 

You're really proud of that 4-6 , do you ever make any posts other than defending adyelotte or putting LOD down ?

What I am proud of and who I post to is my business, so shut up. You can chose to not shut up and post back to me and that is your business. Don't matter one bit to me. 

I'm proud that I told you to shut up. You can tell your little friend I said shut up to him too. 

So I guess I do post other than to defend Aydelott or put LOD down. 

Shut up. See? nothing to do with Aydelott or LOD

I wasn't suggesting someone from Riverdale wooing those top coaches...more wondering about teams outside the league.  McDaniel, Wyant, and Shadowens have built, or rebuilt, the programs their at and have to be pretty attractive candidates for other top jobs.  I don't think any of the other coaches, save maybe the guy at Stewart's Creek, could find a top head coaching job anywhere else.

Shadowens has turned out to be a better coach than I gave him credit for when he was at Smyrna.  Somewhere along the line he learned the value of defense and that's made a huge difference. I'd list him as the district's top coach right now.  It'll be interesting to see which coach can get their program to that next level. 

Maybe not, but should Coach A retire, it will be only a matter of time before Wyant is called.

What I am proud of and who I post to is my business, so shut up. You can chose to not shut up and post back to me and that is your business. Don't matter one bit to me.

I'm proud that I told you to shut up. You can tell your little friend I said shut up to him too.

So I guess I do post other than to defend Aydelott or put LOD down.

Shut up. See? nothing to do with Aydelott or LOD

Nope hate to tell you caped crusader but you're still just defending your man , we definitely need to get you a pair of tights with a big A on it !! Captain adyelotte !!! Taking on all evil , and defender of Coach adyelotte , he can type out threats and orders to shut up and stand down faster than anyone !!!

Maybe not, but should Coach A retire, it will be only a matter of time before Wyant is called.

Not sure I'm 100% sold on Wyant but he would be a definite upgrade.  I love good defense and that's been the missing ingredient at Siegel.  Have to admit their offense is fun to watch and he seems to have some of the other priorities in place.  What I really want is a coach that can put all three phases together along with the work ethic and discipline it takes to maximize the talent you have.

I think Shadowens is closest to that right now but we saw the lack of discipline take his team down twice this year.

Not sure I'm 100% sold on Wyant but he would be a definite upgrade.  I love good defense and that's been the missing ingredient at Siegel.  Have to admit their offense is fun to watch and he seems to have some of the other priorities in place.  What I really want is a coach that can put all three phases together along with the work ethic and discipline it takes to maximize the talent you have.

I think Shadowens is closest to that right now but we saw the lack of discipline take his team down twice this year.

Wyant has some struggles getting the things needed for Siegel to be a contender every year in 6A, something Riverdale wont hesitate to do. SIegel has been a pretty scrappy bunch on defense during his tenure, its just hard to maintain that success and having guys playing both ways with that kind of offense.

He's a Rankin disciple, so I figured you guys would cackle with knowing glee at the prospect of him going over there. But, there is a reason why state championships are hard to come by. Oakland and Blackman both were pretty good in all 3 phases, the district has been right on the cusp the last few years, its just time to seal the deal.