McCurry is gone

tistheseason

You know I got on here when south Pitt was looking for a coach and this McCurry name came up. I revealed his past about being arrested in Mississippi on a DUI charge and other skeletons that had followed him. THAT we're all TRUE by the way. I even post the article from which I found it and still people wanted to criticize me. I don't think you Marion Co folks will be defending your coach now! Since he has done nothing but embarrasses your school and community. I don't wish anything bad for the players and wish them the best of luck going forward. But this is about as sad as it gets!!

McCurry was never a serious consideration for SP. 

Warning!!!!!!    VENT ALERT!!!!!!!!!!

My dad taught me to hold my tongue unless I had details. I think there are enough details out now. First of all, how can anyone that knows the history of the MC/SP rivalry think that the team NEEDS any additional motivation to win? Especially the coaches! If you think they need extra motivation then you OBVIOUSLY have NOT done your job as a coach. As for the other issues that reared their ugly head during the investigation, I try hard to teach my kids to do the RIGHT thing. The last thing I need is a person that is supposed to be a role model to show them it is ok to break the rules. You are suppose to lead by example. You go out on that field and give 100%. If you win great, if you lose you congratulate the other team and walk off the field with you head held high that you did your best. If that is not what the coach is teaching, he doesn't need to be a coach. I hope our boys can focus on the game this week and show everyone that they deserve to be in this quarter final game REGARDLESS of what the coaches did. Vent over.

GO WARRIORS!!!!!!

Warning!!!!!!    VENT ALERT!!!!!!!!!!

My dad taught me to hold my tongue unless I had details. I think there are enough details out now. First of all, how can anyone that knows the history of the MC/SP rivalry think that the team NEEDS any additional motivation to win? Especially the coaches! If you think they need extra motivation then you OBVIOUSLY have NOT done your job as a coach. As for the other issues that reared their ugly head during the investigation, I try hard to teach my kids to do the RIGHT thing. The last thing I need is a person that is supposed to be a role model to show them it is ok to break the rules. You are suppose to lead by example. You go out on that field and give 100%. If you win great, if you lose you congratulate the other team and walk off the field with you head held high that you did your best. If that is not what the coach is teaching, he doesn't need to be a coach. I hope our boys can focus on the game this week and show everyone that they deserve to be in this quarter final game REGARDLESS of what the coaches did. Vent over.

GO WARRIORS!!!!!!

+1000

If our main concern is that our coaches be good role models, and winning and losing doesn't matter, why do we call for their heads and get them fired when they lose?

We expect them to be compitant enough to win WITHOUT breaking the rules.  But we also need to understand they are not going to win EVERY game.

Edited by TowerDawg

We expect them to be compitant enough to win WITHOUT breaking the rules.  But we also need to understand they are not going to win EVERY game.

I agree, but these days, coaches move around more than the stud athletes do, and they are under constant pressure to produce winning seasons.  That doesn't mean that I condone any of this crap, just making an observation.  Just lots of hypocrisy on these boards and people acting like theirs don't stink.  Everybody's stinks.