Overton's Terry Anderson retires

workinprogress

FB and Highlife, couldn't agree with you more.  Whatever happened to this being an Overton thread? I can understand talking candidates, but to talk about some "neighbors nephew" talking about assistant coaches at McGavock has nothing to do with with the next Bobcat coach.  Sounds more like a disgruntled employee who is looking to air some dirty laundry.  Sour grapes don't taste good and tend to stick with you.

Overton has a multitude of avenues to continue to enjoy success: a solid tradition, a great location and a previous 10-0 regular season mark, which is extremely rare in 5 or 6A Metro these days.  Wishing all candidates well, and did hear the other day, that a wildcard who has been slightly mentioned earlier in this thread couldcreate some noise and no its not JG or RA.  heck I wouldn't be surprised if a quality assistant coach in RuCo or WilCo doesn't get a shot.  And to echo what someone else said, if the 2 or 3 in the building were going to get it because they had the inside track, why would the principal put on this dog-and-pony show for almost 2 months to hire an in-house guy.  Best of luck to them all.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fiend what are you talking about??? I'm lost on all your points but I'm asking is his staff coming if he gets it ? Idk about any laundry or grapes.. Im a Mc Alum and I don't like how the program is going so I may seem a tad womanish for better terms (lol)... This is all in fun wit no cruel intent so you guys ease up. I knew Camp back when we battled each other in the 80's and enjoyed watching HL except for against MC... I liked how they always gave a fight...that's all

Beefy you may be an angry Alum but you really dont know what all coaches go through. Gore is a great coach that cares about the kids and put alot into the program I know.He may be lenient but he works hard and does whatever for the school,  Cant blame him for applying he has done all he can for Mcgavock. He is usually one of the first there and last to leave, the parents, players and ney sayers cant see that from the outside. I respect him and learned a lot from him.

Back to the thread: this is the closing week for apps im excited to see what people will be hearing and who gets interviews and will they interview at the school or meet at a set location like RUN THE BALL suggest.

Went to a few games at Overton this year.  They were a bright spot for Metro this year as they were able to defeat Ravenwood, Centennial and Ryan and keep an undefeated season going into the playoffs. 

I truly hope they can sustain their momentum from last year with a good hire.  If they had a quality kicker this past year, they could have been far more competitive in the post season imo

With quality kicker/punter they would have been playing for state title in my opinion. They would and should have beaten Indy and they would have beaten Hendersonville just as Indy should have. But hey that's why all parts of the game are important and that's why the best overall team usually wins. Should be about time for interviews to start.

15NCS, saw where Myers is the interim coach at Hickman Co. Can he get the job?

I certainly hope so.  He was successful as Head Coach at Springfield.  Great OL coach and the kids will run through walls for the guy.  I don't know the politics involved in Hickman County, but I can't see another candidate who would be more qualified.