Upperman @ Alcoa

F5seekshelter

"Big Games" is a relative term. At some point most are "big" games. The 1st game of the season, the 1st district game, the game that decides the district, the game that decides the seeding, the 1st playoff game and every game in the playoffs because it could be your last. These are all big games. In Upperman's case each one of these were "big games". What's big to Upperman may not be big, or as big to teams like Alcoa. The "been there, done that" has it's merit, but the chance to get there, and do that, has it's merit too.

Great post! Couldn't agree more!

Sorry Alcoa won't hijack your thread again.

come on up and sit with the GOONs and you will see payback!! What color looks good on a rowdy Lowerman fan!! Nothing! But they sure will be trying on several tan&black k9s enroure to the da gray bar inn!! Edited by ALCOAgoon

I really am "Murphy afair" the "T" changed my name to inappropriate (thought I was getting free PR" !!

Sorry I haven't been able to join the fun on this thread , still celebrating VU 's SMACKDOWN on the vawls , really hope they keep butchy the brick layer around for a LONG time (best thing that's happen to Vandy in years) !!! Gotta run so many forums so little time!!!!

Yeah I don't believe that for one second. There is about a 0.0001 chance you are Murphy Fair. I just don't see how any person who has a business like his would be on here talking crap to everyone and about every team.

I agree with the goon about the vols sadly. I am a vol even when we lose. The same thing goes for UHS. Players on the field matter more than anything. Coaches 2nd. Ours will do fine and if we execute like we have 13 times this year we feel we can win. I agree with termite as well. We have had 13 big games in a row. If it wasnt a rivalry game it was to stay undefeated. You guys have in my opinion the best QB&TB we have ever played. We are excited for this challenge. Physical is expected and lets just hope all these boys are just real sore saturday as usual lol.

13-0 is no factor. Sorry...the U has no chance in this game. Just too much experience for Alcoa in a game of this caliber. If the U stays within 28...I will be impressed.

I agree with exp in the coaches but those jr and sr only exp is two loses. None of that is a big factor,its has to be decided on Friday. I do think Alcoa wins though Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

"Big Games" is a relative term. At some point most are "big" games. The 1st game of the season, the 1st district game, the game that decides the district, the game that decides the seeding, the 1st playoff game and every game in the playoffs because it could be your last. These are all big games. In Upperman's case each one of these were "big games". What's big to Upperman may not be big, or as big to teams like Alcoa. The "been there, done that" has it's merit, but the chance to get there, and do that, has it's merit too.

was told head Coach is now 6-1 in playoffs as a coach and player. This will be the second semi-final game for him. First was as a player.

Devilfanatic you sound like a vandy fan telling a Alabama fan where here now bowl eligible baby lol Alcoa is a powerhouse program my Falcons know first hand and you soon will know to just be happy you made it this far and look on the brightside you lost to the 3A State Champs Hey Goon Squad I heard Rankin already sent the cookeville intinerary home with the players

Normally i don't respond to nubie's posts on one of my comments because you have no clue as to what my opinion's are. We all know Alcoa is the favorite and on paper they "should" win easy and maybe they will.  However should Upperman somehow play the game of their lives and keep it close in the second half then anything can happen.  I'm not saying they will or they can i'm just saying if they can then its anyone's game because Alcoa isn't used to playing in close games and the choke factor shows up when you least expect it. :popcorneater:

• Upvote 1

Normally i don't respond to nubie's posts on one of my comments because you have no clue as to what my opinion's are. We all know Alcoa is the favorite and on paper they "should" win easy and maybe they will. However should Upperman somehow play the game of their lives and keep it close in the second half then anything can happen. I'm not saying they will or they can i'm just saying if they can then its anyone's game because Alcoa isn't used to playing in close games and the choke factor shows up when you least expect it. :popcorneater:

i don't know about that..... We were coughing pretty good in the first Q last Friday but hocked out the crow burger and It got real nasty for CAK!!

Normally i don't respond to nubie's posts on one of my comments because you have no clue as to what my opinion's are. We all know Alcoa is the favorite and on paper they "should" win easy and maybe they will.  However should Upperman somehow play the game of their lives and keep it close in the second half then anything can happen.  I'm not saying they will or they can i'm just saying if they can then its anyone's game because Alcoa isn't used to playing in close games and the choke factor shows up when you least expect it. :popcorneater:

+1 Good Post