Upperman @ Alcoa

F5seekshelter

i see this game 35-14 Alcoa or if Sunshine can have time, maybe just maybe 21-35. Only reason i say Alcoa dont break 40 is Sunshine at FS and with his speed wont let it be as much of a track meet as it could be when Alcoa breaks the line of scrimmage. That is as honest of opinion as I can give knowing what I know of each team.[/quoteUpperCumberlandMan, on 24 Nov 2013 - 8:15 PM, said:]

Here is the deal.....I counted 61 kids dressed. 18 seniors and 7 juniors. 36 sophmores and freshman. Couple with that one parent said they had like 4-6 coming out next year due to sucsess of this season and like 25-30 freshamn( they can draw from 4 jr highs) is see as many as 75-80 on the team. Maybe back to 7-3, 6-4 next year with Dekalb and LA being strong. But let those 40 kids( 36 on team now and 4-6 coming out) get to be jr and seniors, they should be very good again. They got the two biggest things a program needs.....fan support and coaching.

Notre Dame has 39 kids on the football team. 5 seniors. 7 played both ways. 462 kids at Notre Dame. Just a little fact. What are you gonna do with ALCOA....

Coaching lmao! Your coaches couldn't even run the clock out with 1:33 left in the game. Gave the ball back to us with a minute left in the game. Coaching lmao! You had to show flash cards to the team to call in the plays. Lmao! Went for 2 pts at end of game. Classless! Coaching. Lmao! I just got to watch the film. So unlike others I waited to voice my opioion until I could view some facts. Yes we got beat. We have five seniors,FIVE! We didn't get out coached because even a monkey can coach 24 starting seniors to win games. Notre Dame beat ourselves. We dropped 2 tds. I don't blame the players. They were a sophmore and junior. I am an ND fan win or loss. I'm proud our boys have over achieved this year. We have an all new coaching staff that will be in their 3rd year,next year. We will not be one and done like Upperman because of our coaching. I'm repeating what you have just said "25-30 freshamn( they can draw from 4 jr highs) is see as many as 75-80 on the team. Maybe back to 7-3, 6-4 next year". 80 young men and you don't think you can compete for state next year???????????? Like I said coaching! Lmao!

I've been around high school football for many years. I did not think that the fans on here would not be reprensentation of the folks I would meet at the game. BOY WAS I WRONG ! Why all the racial slurs. On and off the field. It was the most obnoxious experience I've ever had at a football game. I walked to concessions and someone from the stands told me to get my a#$$@ to my own side. I was walking back with my wife and a woman bumped into me and told me to get the f#$$ out of the way. It was obvious that the people of Baxter had never experience success of any kind. You all blew A train horn on 1st downs. Not on just one,on all. A 6 yard run stands go crazy. Train horn. A tackle. Train horn. When the DIRTIEST PLAYER ON THE FIELD (Conner York) through a forearm to back of our saftey's head. Train Horn. Had to be taking to hospital. (Should have been ejected). I've counted no less then 4 times where he threw punches after the play. That falls to coaching and parenting. I'm glad we lost the way we did, with CLASS. The same way we won and lost they others.

Upperman don't forget, it was a defensive hold on the nose tackle that got you the win. One play !!!!! 5 SENIORS..... WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO WHEN YOU GET TO ALCOA !

This is the coolest story I have ever heard on coach t. Let me sum it up, Upperman won cause it only rained on ND and was dry for Upperman. Upperman fans don't like drunks and you got cursed out for it. Upperman's big bad QB beat up on the ND players causing them to lose. You cried all the way back home

Upperman looks a little like CAK.  On the same level with Knox Catholic, Signal Mtn., Polk County.  I say they get trucked by about four TD's.  Alcoa will back off out of Coach Rankin's respect for the region he grew up in. 

Nice team though, incredible turn around.  Amazing what good coaching and few good talented athletes (especially at key positions can do).  Well done, Upperman and enjoy the visit, but eat in the City of Maryville.  When you eat in Alcoa the taxes go to Alcoa's new high school and stadium. 

I really hope you can protect York, love to see him have a few highlight plays, even though I expect you to lose.  It is fun to play at Alcoa.  The "Goons" are great folks that love their Tornadoes and quality high school football.  They will show you respect, but they will beat you.  I am sorry, but it has happened to a lot of really good teams, even Maryville (even when Maryville went on to win the State).  Just enjoy the experience!