Lewis County @ CPA

coachrus

Congrats to CPA from Alcoa. You guys fought hard in the semi 's the last several years and we are glad you made it! Looking forward to seeing you in Cookeville.

Nice job Lewis Co. You made it a great semi final game. I hope you come to Cookeville and cheer for your favorite Team (Alcoa...wink, wink)

Go Alcoa!

+1

We have been running for 26 yrs. you can't tell me that we have not had a team that was good enough to pass a football.I remember 95 went to Goodpasture we were 12-0 and behind 17-0 with 6 minutes left in 4th quarter we started passing and lost 17-14 so don't say we can't pass because we can if we can't then why practice it.

Don't try and tell me about that 95 team because I was on that team and we passed before the 4th qtr, go on hudl and watch that film again because I have watched that game a million times and we threw 2 int's in the first 3 qtrs I'm not going to sit here and debate about coach Sharp being good enough coach for you or anybody else because he is our coach and I think Lewis Co is lucky to have him because know for fact they are many schools out there that would love to have him. People forget what football was like before Coach Sharp got here in 88 Edited by alltime

Do you want to know the mark of a great coach? A great coach is defined by the absolute pride shown towards him by his former players. The smile when they hear his name, see him again, or when telling stories about "when I played for him". They will defend him and praise him throughout their years. Not W's & L's. Strategies or schemes. It's about what he did to shape and influence their lives. Coach Sharp fits the mold..... :ugeek:

Do you want to know the mark of a great coach? A great coach is defined by the absolute pride shown towards him by his former players. The smile when they hear his name, see him again, or when telling stories about "when I played for him". They will defend him and praise him throughout their years. Not W's & L's. Strategies or schemes. It's about what he did to shape and influence their lives. Coach Sharp fits the mold..... :ugeek:

+1 Coach Sharp has been the biggest influence in my life and the closest thing to a daddy I ever had and no matter if he never wins another game for Lewis Co I will always love and respect him! He is great coach and even more important he is great person

great post

I think I know him a little better than you do, because I was there when he came to Lewis Co. If we have not had a good enough team to pass why do we even have a position for QB because anyone can hand a football off.

LOL I seriously doubt that but anyway who said we don't have the players to pass? Crap man, we threw 2 td's last night! I said passing is not our strength and anybody that knows our team would agree but I guess you know more about this team than all of the coaches at Lewis Co. If I was as a good of a coach as you thought you was I would get into coaching! Edited by alltime

When Coach Pack was there the first time we had just as good if not better teams and he was not afraid to pass a football. You can not keep running the ball up the middle when you are not getting positive yardage or 1st downs how many more yrs. is it going to take you to figure that out. That is why you don't have nothing to show for it.

LOL LOL Coach Pack never won 13 games and by the way we had nearly 300 yrds and scored 4 Tds and kicked a field goal all running up the middle and by the way I could have swore we ran out side a lot so I would say what ever Coach Sharp was calling on offense was working pretty good and that was against the #1 ranked team! if you put that kind of numbers up offense you should win my friend! Edited by alltime

From an outsiders perspective.....Sharp is a great coach. Lewis Co was well coached.

CPA played more talented teams in terms of size and speed than Lewis Co but none was more disciplined than LC.

Option teams have to be disciplined to be good. Option offenses equalize talent. That being said you can pass from those formations effectively if you have a great QB. Keenan Reynolds at Goodpasture was very effective passing in a very similar offense.

The mark of a truly great coach has nothing to do with the wins that were accounted for, nor the championships achieved, but, rather, for the husbands, fathers, and citizens those player become to be.  That is the only scoreboard that really matters.  Did football help you develop those qualities to be a better man far away from the football field?  If yes, you had a good coach.  No coach will ever know if he was truly successful for several years . . . until his boys have moved on and become productive members of society, faithful husbands, and viable and LOVING providers for their families. 

From an outsiders perspective.....Sharp is a great coach. Lewis Co was well coached.

CPA played more talented teams in terms of size and speed than Lewis Co but none was more disciplined than LC.

Option teams have to be disciplined to be good. Option offenses equalize talent. That being said you can pass from those formations effectively if you have a great QB. Keenan Reynolds at Goodpasture was very effective passing in a very similar offense.

Yes Keenan was great at that and he now is the starting QB at a D1 school!

There is no doubt about your statement.  Lewis County was very well coached.  They were disciplined.  They were classy.  This discipline and class is what lead them to a 13-1 record.  Make no mistake, for LC players give their all to each other and to their community. 

There is no doubt about your statement. Lewis County was very well coached. They were disciplined. They were classy. This discipline and class is what lead them to a 13-1 record. Make no mistake, for LC players give their all to each other and to their community.

+1 It's the little things that he does that people in Hohenwald just don't get! Plus like I said before he gets more out of his players than any other coach around!