Blackman at Maryville.

tennesseestud2013

I still like what Kreagar said

We in Rutherford County like to think of District 7-AAA as the SEC of Tennessee high school football. And it likely is. Put any team in the state (including perennial power Maryville) in this league and see how it does year to year.

Sure, George Quarles’ squad may still win as many championships.

But then the Maryville faithful will understand the path it takes to get to Cookeville.

I like Kreager, and the fact that he does a great job covering high school sports in that area, and I wish we had someone like that in Blount County.  Some manager at the Daily Times has a kid that goes to Seymour H.S. (which is in a different county), so we get to read more about Seymour than we do the schools in our own county.  But Kreagers most important words in this article was the first four, "We in Rutherford County".  I don't blame Kreager or the people of Rutherford County for thinking highly of their football, its just that not everyone else in the state sees football there the same as the "We in Rutherford County", sees it.  We in Blount County may see it differently, or you can install any other counties name in that phrase.  The only way to see is on the field itself, and well we all know how that has turned out since 2009. So, until the on the field play changes my mind, I will keep picking Murvil in these matchups.  As always, this is JMO.

Stars how is the MHS baseball team ?

Baseball??? It's November and you are asking about baseball?  Man, baseball is just something an athlete does to fill the void between football seasons, and it is still football season.  Sorry, I know I am not Stars, I try hard, but I could never live up to legend status...

I like Kreager, and the fact that he does a great job covering high school sports in that area, and I wish we had someone like that in Blount County. Some manager at the Daily Times has a kid that goes to Seymour H.S. (which is in a different county), so we get to read more about Seymour than we do the schools in our own county. But Kreagers most important words in this article was the first four, "We in Rutherford County". I don't blame Kreager or the people of Rutherford County for thinking highly of their football, its just that not everyone else in the state sees football there the same as the "We in Rutherford County", sees it. We in Blount County may see it differently, or you can install any other counties name in that phrase. The only way to see is on the field itself, and well we all know how that has turned out since 2009. So, until the on the field play changes my mind, I will keep picking Murvil in these matchups. As always, this is JMO.

jake there you go using logic again

I like Kreager, and the fact that he does a great job covering high school sports in that area, and I wish we had someone like that in Blount County.  Some manager at the Daily Times has a kid that goes to Seymour H.S. (which is in a different county), so we get to read more about Seymour than we do the schools in our own county.  But Kreagers most important words in this article was the first four, "We in Rutherford County".  I don't blame Kreager or the people of Rutherford County for thinking highly of their football, its just that not everyone else in the state sees football there the same as the "We in Rutherford County", sees it.  We in Blount County may see it differently, or you can install any other counties name in that phrase.  The only way to see is on the field itself, and well we all know how that has turned out since 2009. So, until the on the field play changes my mind, I will keep picking Murvil in these matchups.  As always, this is JMO.

Nice post jake! I agree with your opinion. Looking forward to this game on Friday!!

It's always tough to pick against MHS

If I'm putting money down I go MHS

Thing is I watched them on computer, a machine as always , Qb pass yards and completion rate are Manning , Brady like numbers . The one thing I keep asking myself is MHS that good or are the teams out west having a down year where there teams are not that good. Now sorry MHS faithful that is a honest question , one that should be respected ........I guess all our questions will be answered around 915pm on Friday .......