Blackman at Maryville.

tennesseestud2013

Congrats to Blackman for making History and going farther than any Blackman team before them . Congrats to the Rebels for another hard fought Victory to make it to the State Game again . Maryville kids didn't panic when they started out a little slow , and our Defense fought their tails off to keep the team in the game after giving them such a short field after 3 and outs and great Punt returns . 

John Garrett is a Stud ... I'm telling you that kid is as tough as Nails and Sharp as a Tack . We had so many Rebels who fought with all their Hearts because they were so determined to keep Maryville Alive . Thanks to Blackman for giving Maryville such a great opportunity to play such a tough team to prepare for the State Game . Whichever team won this game would of been much better off for it , even if it had been Blackman . Blackman Defense was the best we've seen all year , and it was amazing to watch the adjustments that were made to go from not even able to make a yard to driving down the field . Bryce Miller had another great game about like he did against Lenoir City , he's definitely a Prime Time player who doesn't shrink away when the game gets tough . I see a whole team of Prime Time players this year , Dylan Jackson , Td Blackmon , Cody Carroll , Richie Koons , Dylan Shinksky , Kyle Withrow ,Ethan Dudley ,Tyler Vaught ,Drew Curtis , Caleb Kitts , Marcus Brooks , Chancellor Coates , John David Mitchell , and of course Shawn Prevo ... along with many others . ( sorry for those I left out , memory not what it once was !)

I agree with Fbemeritus , what Maryville has done since 1997 is worthy of having a book written about it , and to me the biggest Story about Maryville Football besides the greatest High School Coaching Staff in the Country , is how all the kids every year keep rising to the expectations and pressure of meeting all of the amazing achievements of the Great past Maryville teams . A couple years ago we had Patton Robinette , probably Maryville's best QB ever leave and everybody goes , Oh no , what will we do ?? Up steps Nick Myers and that young man was amazing last year in how much he improved and just how well he played to get us there again . Nick leaves , oh no , what will we do ... enter John Garrett , Amazing , this kid has been a pure joy to watch this year with his Grit , Intelligence , and just downright Determination to win at any cost . Thank You to ALL the Maryville Rebel Players and Coaches for once again giving us Lucky Maryville fans the ride of a Lifetime , now let's go to Cookeville and "Get R DUN" !!! 

DITTO! EXCELLENT POST PEP

Last night was a good example of how important (in today's game -especially 6A) it is to have a balanced attack.  It kept Maryville in the siegel game last year and helped them win last night.  If Blackman had the same balance, Blackman wins!  I believe Blackman has the talent.  The difference last night was coaching.!

I left the game very impressed with the Maryville program, and enjoyed the game, the only thing missing from that game was better officiating and adjustments by the Blackman coaching staff, the thing that impressed me most was the play of the quarterback, he totally reminds me of AJ Mcarons at Alabama, won't wow you at a combine but probably is the best football player at the combine, congrats once again to the fine young men of that program and the coach as he not only wins but has taught the young men how to win with class, as my son stated, "Dad people talk about Maryville and their fans being disrespectful and rude, but I like the pride they take in their program and how personable their players and fans were after the game as over 25 players and fans stood on the field congratulating me on a good season and game and genuinely asking where I was going to attend college and went on to even say that they would be praying for me throughout the process " now I would rather win but in the rearing of my son it is moments like those that are priceless and that he will remember just as much as a State Championship, so in this case the winner didnt get all the spoils!!!! ;) Now finish what you started Rebs, go get the Trophy!!!

Your son and his team are tough bunch of young men. I spoke with several of them after the game and they were all very respectful even in their dissappointment. It was a great game and both teams will be better for it. Good Luck next year.

Congrats to Blackman for making History and going farther than any Blackman team before them . Congrats to the Rebels for another hard fought Victory to make it to the State Game again . Maryville kids didn't panic when they started out a little slow , and our Defense fought their tails off to keep the team in the game after giving them such a short field after 3 and outs and great Punt returns .

John Garrett is a Stud ... I'm telling you that kid is as tough as Nails and Sharp as a Tack . We had so many Rebels who fought with all their Hearts because they were so determined to keep Maryville Alive . Thanks to Blackman for giving Maryville such a great opportunity to play such a tough team to prepare for the State Game . Whichever team won this game would of been much better off for it , even if it had been Blackman . Blackman Defense was the best we've seen all year , and it was amazing to watch the adjustments that were made to go from not even able to make a yard to driving down the field . Bryce Miller had another great game about like he did against Lenoir City , he's definitely a Prime Time player who doesn't shrink away when the game gets tough . I see a whole team of Prime Time players this year , Dylan Jackson , Td Blackmon , Cody Carroll , Richie Koons , Dylan Shinksky , Kyle Withrow ,Ethan Dudley ,Tyler Vaught ,Drew Curtis , Caleb Kitts , Marcus Brooks , Chancellor Coates , John David Mitchell , and of course Shawn Prevo ... along with many others . ( sorry for those I left out , memory not what it once was !)

I agree with Fbemeritus , what Maryville has done since 1997 is worthy of having a book written about it , and to me the biggest Story about Maryville Football besides the greatest High School Coaching Staff in the Country , is how all the kids every year keep rising to the expectations and pressure of meeting all of the amazing achievements of the Great past Maryville teams . A couple years ago we had Patton Robinette , probably Maryville's best QB ever leave and everybody goes , Oh no , what will we do ?? Up steps Nick Myers and that young man was amazing last year in how much he improved and just how well he played to get us there again . Nick leaves , oh no , what will we do ... enter John Garrett , Amazing , this kid has been a pure joy to watch this year with his Grit , Intelligence , and just downright Determination to win at any cost . Thank You to ALL the Maryville Rebel Players and Coaches for once again giving us Lucky Maryville fans the ride of a Lifetime , now let's go to Cookeville and "Get R DUN" !!!

I have a question about your comment about Maryville's coaching staff being the best in the country. Since 1997-How many Quality teams Have they played out side of the state? Let me rephrase that-How many TEAMS period- have they played since 1997- outside of the state?

I have a question about your comment about Maryville's coaching staff being the best in the country. Since 1997-How many Quality teams Have they played out side of the state? Let me rephrase that-How many TEAMS period- have they played since 1997- outside of the state?

Why do they need to play teams outside of the state?  To do so is pretty dumb in my opinion.  Why go play teams you don't know anything about and play teams that will bring little to no money into the state.  Maryville played 3 games outside of their district this season.  Of those 3 games, 2 of the teams are going to the Tennessee state title game, and the third was a 6A team that lost only 2 games all season (both to Maryville).  Why go outside of the state and play other teams when you can get good solid competition like that in your own back yard?  Not to mention that it helps out the local economy by having the fans travel to Maryville, Alcoa, or Sevierville rather than asking them to travel to another state, or asking opposing fans to drive hours to Maryville.

Also, I don't get the point of your question.  What does it matter if he plays teams out of state?  Maryville is not the most talented team in the country.  We have never claimed that.  There are teams like Hoover that are just loaded with D-1 athletes.  However, Quarles has proven that he is extremely talented as a head coach and can win and beat much more talented teams.  Not to mention his supporting staff, including a DC that has won a state title as a head coach, is outstanding.

Playing these teams outside of the state is a new trend and it is relatively neat to see these amazing players play one another.  However, the games are relatively pointless in terms of success of a coach and success of a season.

You can't be best in the Country unless you beat the best or Coach against the best

Do you really think that you get good solid competition in East Tn? I 'm not talking about money I am talking about beating the best. So Maryville is the best in TN. Some are fine with that. Just don't say "best staff in the country" that does not hold water.  

Edited by bladerunner

A little hint , when the Article is about the winningest Coach in the Country and there's a big Ol Picture of George on there .... man Bladerunner I nearly feel sorry for you , these are Lean times being a Maryville Hater ... I guess we were good enough to make other teams wish they didn't play in the same Division .... Rumor is , some teams did move away from the Scary Maryville Monster ... lol ( J/K Sweet ) 

Did you notice that between the second ranked coach to the 11th there were just 4 wins ... 2nd being Rankin also from Blount Co at 130 , but there were 13 wins between 1ST ( George ) and second Place ??? Landslide .... not even Close .

Edited by pepvol

A little hint , when the Article is about the winningest Coach in the Country and there's a big Ol Picture of George on there .... man Bladerunner I nearly feel sorry for you , these are Lean times being a Maryville Hater ... I guess we were good enough to make other teams wish they didn't play in the same Division .... Rumor is , some teams did move away from the Scary Maryville Monster ... lol ( J/K Sweet ) 

Did you notice that between the second ranked coach to the 11th there were just 4 wins ... 2nd being Rankin also from Blount Co at 130 , but there were 13 wins between 1ST ( George ) and second Place ??? Landslide .... not even Close .

Best in the Country based on beating teams in East TN?????  

Best in the Country based on beating teams in East TN?????  

Really?

Post Maryville's schedule again, Maybe I missed someone.