Blackman at Maryville.

tennesseestud2013

I guess I'll just have to live with it, but this whole Blackman has more talent/athletes just gets all in my crawl. Blackman had more size than Maryville, but you weren't watching if you say they were appreciably more talented.

Just because GQ and company put on a free coaching clinic tonight doesn't diminish what this team is capable of. We had a VERY comfortable lead in the 4th quarter against the best the "SEC of TN high school football" had to offer

Agree. Maryville was basically challenged for the first time the entire season, and Blackmon's defense was as good as advertised. It was a hard fought game and listening to the stats on the way  home they were  virtually even in all categories. I would say yes, size advantage to them but overall talent level about even. No matter how good the coaches, you have to have athletes to execute the game plan.

Edited by mhs

I guess I'll just have to live with it, but this whole Blackman has more talent/athletes just gets all in my crawl. Blackman had more size than Maryville, but you weren't watching if you say they were appreciably more talented.

Just because GQ and company put on a free coaching clinic tonight doesn't diminish what this team is capable of. We had a VERY comfortable lead in the 4th quarter against the best the "SEC of TN high school football" had to offer

Agree with that too. Really tired of hearing this team or that has better athletes or more talent BS, year in and year out. A team doesn't make like 16 trips to the state game in 15 years or something like that having so much less. It all just excuses.

Wow!  Enjoyed the game with the old "North Portal Crew".  Son was home for the Holiday and was enjoying it from the stands instead of the sidelines.  GQ and some other coaches were surprised to see him.  Coach Waters nearly squeezed the life outta him. ;)  Blackman was really tough.  The penalties were well called on both sides of the ball. However, the Defensive pass interference call in the third quarter...eehhh...questionable.

Pretty big crowd too!

Regards to the Board,

Mapp

The Red Dragon's Fan Base has selective amnesia... And they had to have a "average team" that lost to White Station when #4 Julian Burton and the QB (can't remember his number) 'Red' Hayes had their way with that "young defense"...

I'm sure Blackman doesn't have a Mark Dodson or another I-Train for that matter (both are in Oxford), but if yall have any athletes that can seriously play on Saturday, do NOT stop feeding them.

7AAA, please stand up to the Red Dragon. PLEASE

The Red Dragon is still standing!

Great game. Congrats to both teams. BHS had a very good team and season. They should all be proud.

After a quality win there is plenty of credit to go around. A few of the good things I saw: real good crowd, defense played well enough in first half while offense was finding their way, #79 int was BIG, #2 int was BIG, #27 made some BIG tackles, super coaching adjustments at halftime opened up the run, congrats to #81 on a BIG game, #12 was likely the biggest difference maker on the field (again), and no turnovers (I think).

One more obvious positive: old ball coach's play calling gives us quite an advantage. I wish UT coaches could help their offensive players like that.

Only negative I saw was the referees. Too many single flags thrown - IMO.

Great game. BHS ... darn good football team keep your heads up. Great job REBELS you earned it. Why is it that every post season game we have played has had a bunch of dufus referees. I mean both teams deserve to have quality officials who have integrity and call the game fairly. I have not seen that and it is an embarrassment to our state.

Tell us more 91! You must have started the "take a knee" (jk)...

they of course said " Maryville isn't impressive... They play a weak schedule" and kept griping about the refs. One guy turned to me and said " we are about to show them the murphreesboro speed!!! " but my favorite was " they have a turf field, that works to our advantage". But at halftime I heard some other guys saying " oh we are going to come back and win, there's no doubt about that! Our boys just werent used to playing on that turf." :popcorneater: Edited by Governors91

Great game. Congrats to both teams. BHS had a very good team and season. They should all be proud.

After a quality win there is plenty of credit to go around. A few of the good things I saw: real good crowd, defense played well enough in first half while offense was finding their way, #79 int was BIG, #2 int was BIG, #27 made some BIG tackles, super coaching adjustments at halftime opened up the run, congrats to #81 on a BIG game, #12 was likely the biggest difference maker on the field (again), and no turnovers (I think).

One more obvious positive: old ball coach's play calling gives us quite an advantage. I wish UT coaches could help their offensive players like that.

Only negative I saw was the referees. Too many single flags thrown - IMO.

I'll just say Ditto on everything StrongX said here ... I'll leave it at that , I'm gonna wait to say more so I won't say something Embarrassing , but all I will say is I agree with the wiseguy in saying I've seen some of the worst officiating I've ever seen in the Playoffs this year ... not just for Maryville , both ways ... I really hope we get a good crew next week .