Blackman at Maryville.

tennesseestud2013

At dinner with Kreager and Will Borthick last night, i specifically pointed to the last two minutes of the first half as the most important in ANY game against the Evil Empire.

How many times have we seen Murvil, up against it, turn a team over and essentially have a 14 point swing before the end of the half??

Well it happened again and it was pretty much the beginning of the end.

Hate that I missed this great game, but we had our own struggles last night.

See you in the CST.

Out.

Congrats to Blackman for making History and going farther than any Blackman team before them . Congrats to the Rebels for another hard fought Victory to make it to the State Game again . Maryville kids didn't panic when they started out a little slow , and our Defense fought their tails off to keep the team in the game after giving them such a short field after 3 and outs and great Punt returns . 

John Garrett is a Stud ... I'm telling you that kid is as tough as Nails and Sharp as a Tack . We had so many Rebels who fought with all their Hearts because they were so determined to keep Maryville Alive . Thanks to Blackman for giving Maryville such a great opportunity to play such a tough team to prepare for the State Game . Whichever team won this game would of been much better off for it , even if it had been Blackman . Blackman Defense was the best we've seen all year , and it was amazing to watch the adjustments that were made to go from not even able to make a yard to driving down the field . Bryce Miller had another great game about like he did against Lenoir City , he's definitely a Prime Time player who doesn't shrink away when the game gets tough . I see a whole team of Prime Time players this year , Dylan Jackson , Td Blackmon , Cody Carroll , Richie Koons , Dylan Shinksky , Kyle Withrow ,Ethan Dudley ,Tyler Vaught ,Drew Curtis , Caleb Kitts , Marcus Brooks , Chancellor Coates , John David Mitchell , and of course Shawn Prevo ... along with many others . ( sorry for those I left out , memory not what it once was !)

I agree with Fbemeritus , what Maryville has done since 1997 is worthy of having a book written about it , and to me the biggest Story about Maryville Football besides the greatest High School Coaching Staff in the Country , is how all the kids every year keep rising to the expectations and pressure of meeting all of the amazing achievements of the Great past Maryville teams . A couple years ago we had Patton Robinette , probably Maryville's best QB ever leave and everybody goes , Oh no , what will we do ?? Up steps Nick Myers and that young man was amazing last year in how much he improved and just how well he played to get us there again . Nick leaves , oh no , what will we do ... enter John Garrett , Amazing , this kid has been a pure joy to watch this year with his Grit , Intelligence , and just downright Determination to win at any cost . Thank You to ALL the Maryville Rebel Players and Coaches for once again giving us Lucky Maryville fans the ride of a Lifetime , now let's go to Cookeville and "Get R DUN" !!! 

You have a program that all others inspire to be like. You win with class and dignity.

I admire and respect your program and always enjoy reading the posts from the Maryville faithful.

please elaborate on this frequent observation of discipline, class and dignity? I was not there to witness this one.

was it 1997? Future flick?

Georges first year as HC was 1999. Do you mean is there a movie offer? I've not heard of one. George is such a humble man Idk if there ever will be a movie about him. But I'll ask him at practice Monday lol I can see the look on his face right now! I'm sure he will blush a bit. There is a 6 hr Documentary "Decade of Dominance" about the 2000-2010 seasons. It's time for Coach Winders to make another one!

Well said 27-21 Maryville and I was not too far off. Thought Blackmon to be a quality team with a smart QB, a tough RB and overall good on both sides of the ball. The best MHS the Rebs have faced but not the best coached or disciplined enought to beat a team like Maryville. The silly penalties killed their early drives and shook their confidence I thought.

Solid preformance by Maryville. Not in the leasted out athleted, if that's a word. Blackmon was blessed with fine athletes but had nothing on Maryville. GQ and coaches again out coached the opponent. Field must have been slick as a lot of footing was lost by good runners at various times.

I hope the state game has a better crew of officials than this group. To many late wistles can get kids hurt. Speaking of officials if the T$$AA does not send a better crew than those village idiots from last years game where Maryville was clearly ripped off of a state championship by the worst call ever made with the illegal reciever down field where the kid was on the line of scrimmage. That still stings as the kids deserve a quality officiating crew. Just randomly selecting different counties on a rotational basis is wrong. Big games deserve the best officials in the state, not just joe bobs turn.

Congrats Maryville. Go home get some sleep and get ready for another championship.

If yall won't let it go, I won't either... ONE Player had 381 rushing yards, 5 TDs and the game winning 2 point conversion. Stop It