Blackman at Maryville.

tennesseestud2013

Blackman was by far the best team Maryville played so far. The biggest difference in the game is Maryville is much more disciplined. John Garrett is the heartbeat of this team. Outstanding play by the defense. Defense kept Maryville in the game while the offense was trying to get on track. Never gets old going to state title games. I met Stork Montgomerey last night. Great guy.

After Stars post above there is not much more to say...... It was a great game and Blackman was a good opponent as any, maybe the best MHS has seen all year. However what I saw last night is what I see every week with MHS football: DISCIPLINE! The Rebels had it, Blackman didn't, and they never got off the first play w/o two penalties from refs that were from Middle TN! It was that way all night. The Blackman fans showed more support from the first snap than our typical sit on your duff Maryville fans, that wuz until Stars and the rest of the Woo Crew decided to start hollering back which fired up the rest of the Rebel fans.....we start kinda slow then finish really loud! Got a road trip planned for Friday night to NC so I may not be makin' the show in Cookeville on Saturday night...... Go REBELS!!!!......................RatPack.............

Oh and Moutain Troll....

If eye wuz Butch ... Eye wood bee livin' on GQ's frunt poorch. :mellow:

you are correct!!! But in typical TN fb fashion they like to overlook our boys until others come a calling.....they lost out to Vandy and I love it!!!

I left the game very impressed with the Maryville program, and enjoyed the game, the only thing missing from that game was better officiating and adjustments by the Blackman coaching staff, the thing that impressed me most was the play of the quarterback, he totally reminds me of AJ Mcarons at Alabama, won't wow you at a combine but probably is the best football player at the combine, congrats once again to the fine young men of that program and the coach as he not only wins but has taught the young men how to win with class, as my son stated, "Dad people talk about Maryville and their fans being disrespectful and rude, but I like the pride they take in their program and how personable their players and fans were after the game as over 25 players and fans stood on the field congratulating me on a good season and game and genuinely asking where I was going to attend college and went on to even say that they would be praying for me throughout the process " now I would rather win but in the rearing of my son it is moments like those that are priceless and that he will remember just as much as a State Championship, so in this case the winner didnt get all the spoils!!!! ;) Now finish what you started Rebs, go get the Trophy!!!

Congrats to Maryville on a great win and getting back to the title game. You have a program that all others inspire to be like. You win with class and dignity. To see how your program plays for the 6A title every year is just amazing.

Even though I am pulling for Hendersonville; because they are in 9AAA ; I admire and respect your program and always enjoy reading the posts from the Maryville faithful.

d - If'un eye wuz Butch...Eye wood bee livin' att Blackman Hi Skool....#2 iz a grait athleet, runner, and haz a rockit arm.....He jist neads two bee moore accurait...

Jennings is a fantastic athlete, but very raw as a passer. Last night wasn't the only poor passing night he had this year. But he is only a junior and has God-given gifts that you can't teach ;a bigtime prospect for sure, just unsure if he will be a qb in college. In the shorter term than college , I think there is a decent chance that MHS may get to see how a much he develops as a qb in the semifinals next year- a pretty safe bet the Rebels will be there, we will see about Blackman.

d - If'un eye wuz Butch...Eye wood bee livin' att Blackman Hi Skool....#2 iz a grait athleet, runner, and haz a rockit arm.....He jist neads two bee moore accurait...

Jennings is a fantastic athlete, but very raw as a passer. Last night wasn't the only poor passing night he had this year. But he is only a junior and has God-given gifts that you can't teach ;a bigtime prospect for sure, just unsure if he will be a qb in college. In the shorter term than college , I think there is a decent chance that MHS may get to see how a much he develops as a qb in the semifinals next year- a pretty safe bet the Rebels will be there, we will see about Blackman.

Edited by rebelwoman87

I always go back and try to figure out turning points in big games....last night had several big plays, the int by Jackson was huge, Blackman seemed to be getting the best of Murvil and that play swung momentum a little, Murvil goes on to score their first points of the game and take the lead.  But, I thought Blackman came right back, they took the ball and drove back down the field and after a really nice run, they end up with first down inside the 15 yard line....it looks as if Blackman may score and take the lead here before half, and then get the ball to start the second half.....on first down, the defense knifes through and makes a tackle for about a 8 yard loss....for me, this was the play of the game....it put Blackman behind the chains and kind of forced them to throw the ball, and Shinski gets the int with a little over two minutes left in the half and Murvil goes 90 yards to score, HUGE. 

I always go back and try to figure out turning points in big games....last night had several big plays, the int by Jackson was huge, Blackman seemed to be getting the best of Murvil and that play swung momentum a little, Murvil goes on to score their first points of the game and take the lead.  But, I thought Blackman came right back, they took the ball and drove back down the field and after a really nice run, they end up with first down inside the 15 yard line....it looks as if Blackman may score and take the lead here before half, and then get the ball to start the second half.....on first down, the defense knifes through and makes a tackle for about a 8 yard loss....for me, this was the play of the game....it put Blackman behind the chains and kind of forced them to throw the ball, and Shinski gets the int with a little over two minutes left in the half and Murvil goes 90 yards to score, HUGE. 

Yep jake and Shinsky maid both plays...... :popcorneater: